hey, i was wondering if the digitech whammy was worth the 200 dollars. i tried searching but everytime i did my computer froze so i had to start a new thread. i messed with it today and i thought it was pretty cool and i'd like to have it, but is it really worth $200?
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
the new one has midi in and out and a dive bomb function thats pretty nifty

i think there pretty cool, but imho they get kind of annoying unless youre tom morello (not an insult)

if your the creative type, get it, but, quoting south park (kinda)

"Tom Morello's done it!!"
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
and people may say "blahblah the orginal has better tone blahblah" but really the only difference between the old and new is the old one is 500+ bucks used and the new one is 200
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I tried one out, and I'm glad I didn't impulsively buy one off ebay because I did not like it whatsoever.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
It's a great addition to anyone's board, but you must invest time till you learn to use it. You'll hate it for a month, then you will learn how to use it and love it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The only real difference between the original and the reissue is that they look slightly different, and secondly the tracking is improved on the new one, so less of a delay between what you play and what comes out (it's barely noticeable). Plus there's midi if you know how to get that to work.

But I think they are well worth it for their harmonising functions as well as the pitch shifting. So long as you're creative enough to use it (or just want to be able to play every RATM song) then you won't regret it.