So I bought an Alvarez MD95 off of musicians friend since I couldn't find any stores that carried alvarez around my area. I've got 2 questions.

1) I'm used to playing electric and noticed that the guitar doesn't have a little notch thing to attach a strap onto on the left side (it has one on the back unless thats just for it to sit on). Is this common in acoustics?

2)I've never had a problem with my telecaster buzzing but I've found quite a bit from the md95 since I took it out. Is this normal? Could it just be that my fingers aren't used to pushing down like this (action FEELS fine... I don't feel like I'm having to push too hard) or what? I got a little card saying it was adjusted in Saint Louis before it was shipped, but Dallas is a distance and I was wondering if I might need it adjusted again or something.

Other than that its a beautiful guitar in both looks and sound and I would definitely recommend buying it. Thanks in advance you guys.

EDIT: Just saw the answer to my firstquestion a couple threads down, so ignore that one
Last edited by kyurah at Nov 14, 2007,
1. Depends on the guitar, some are made to have straps attached to the headstock. My Martin has a strap button on the bottom and near the base of the neck so it just depends on the guitar.

2. Acoustic guitar generally requires your playing to be much cleaner than you would on electric. Also, the string tension on acoustics is usually higher than electrics. Your fingers might not be adjusted yet.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Quote by teachmyself
1. Depends on the guitar, some are made to have straps attached to the headstock. My Martin has a strap button on the bottom and near the base of the neck so it just depends on the guitar.

2. Acoustic guitar generally requires your playing to be much cleaner than you would on electric. Also, the string tension on acoustics is usually higher than electrics. Your fingers might not be adjusted yet.

+1. I just bought this guitar (well, ok, i make the final payment on monday) and I'll agree its a *great* guitar. As far as buzz goes, you do have to play much cleaner on acoustics than electrics, altho the md95 is pretty easy to play, much easier than my current alvarez regent, much easier to fret and barre, even with heavier gauge strings than mine.
Thanks you guys. I guess not only will this give me an acoustic to play on, but clean up my playing in general
give it a few mroe days and really try to play cleanly and be accurate with your fingers. If it's sill buzzing after that... well it may need a setup, but i sometimes have the same problem when ive been playing electric alot and go play acoustic, takes a minute to adjust