Ok, so I go to the gun store for the first time in like a month or two. I figure that with a absence of that magnitude there's got to be something fun and exciting.

I bring $100.

I payed $50 for this. Tis' a Turkish Mauser, I don't know what the date is, but the soldier carved his name into the stock. The bolt is pitted, and much rougher to operate than my Polish Mauser. The bore is pitted quite a bit, but certainly not un-shootable. The bore cleaned up really well though, its not nearly as bad as it looked at the gun store.

The safety won't turn all the way to the right though.
I'm going to rig something up to shoot it remotely just to be safe..... :lol:

I don't really know much about guns, but they're cool as hell. You have a piece of history there, my friend. Or a beat up cheap gun.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Nifty.

Especially on a guitar forum....
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Thats a pretty nice rifle, it looks like it could be from the 1930s of 40s. It would look really nice if you fully restored it and polished everything.
Member #13 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy79 to join

Quote by nebraskan
You win AK Hunter! Plus that guy has a fuckin' gnarly beard so he wins too!
Psh, shame that in England that would probs go for like £500 or more, and then ontop of that all the licencing fees.
If I understand correctly, the rifle should have been made between 1948 and 1965. I'm just not sure what the date is exactly, because I simply can't read the foreign characters on the receiver.

As for re-finishing it, I like em' old looking.
Quote by aaron6890
on the second pic it looked like some one tried to carve a swastika into it after the name, thats a cool gun i guess im not really in to them but you bought a peice of history!

Thanks.

The charactors after the name look like a Y and a 3. The flash just screws with the picture, I'll take much better ones tomorrow.
sweet rifle, i'm not much of a gun guy, but those are cool looking.

plus once the guy shoots one of those he has to pull the bolt again so i can hit him for shotting at me
sweet
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by -Wolverine-
*thinks*

This brings my total collection to 21 guns.

what other kinds of guns do you have?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I have a Budapest 1914 thats very similar to that, except its in better condition and its a pull back bolt, which is wierd considering I mostly have American guns.

EDIT: I also have my baby, an authentic MP (STG) 44 my grandad found on a dead german in 1945.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Last edited by angus is god at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by akhunter
Thats a pretty nice rifle, it looks like it could be from the 1930s of 40s. It would look really nice if you fully restored it and polished everything.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like it says 1948 on the reciever.

A friend of mine has a '45 Mauser in really nice condition, I think it's even German. But damn, those things are seriously nice, good find if you can get it working well.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
The receiver says M48, I still haven't determined the year.

Quote by angus is god
I have a Budapest 1914 thats very similar to that, except its in better condition and its a pull back bolt, which is wierd considering I mostly have American guns.

EDIT: I also have my baby, an authentic MP (STG) 44 my grandad found on a dead german in 1945.

Straight pulls are cool, I have a K-31 and Styer M95 that utilize the design.