My compy is being a douche. I just got Pro Tools LE and tried installing it on to my computer but the compy shut down right towards the end of the installation and i don't know why...anyway, there is an idon on the desktop for Pro Tools but when i click on it it says something and won't let me play it. So I tried taking it off through the Add/Remove Programs thing and it won't let me delete it because it says (this is also what it says when you try to run the software):

"Another version of pro Tools appears to be installed on this computer. Please use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall the existing Pro Tools and restart the computer before reinstalling the Pro Tools"

Lies! There was and is no other version of Pro Tools on my computer...it's just saying that. I don't know where to find this "other version" at to delete it and I don't know why it's saying that because this is the first time I've ever tried putting the software on my computer...does anyone have any idea of how to get it off?
*Waits for inevitable "Get a Mac" post*
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Computer problems?

Do what I do

Get ****ing medieval on its bitch ass!!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
dont get a mac.....lol
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
idk anything about compys but your signature sir has just been copied extrememetalftw.
try running the install disc one more time. it seems like its there but only partially which would explain the error message. if not, well, try finding the programs actual uninstall program, they usually come with one.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
What you could do is (assuming your on Windows) is go to My Computer, C Drive, and Program files and just delete the pro tools folder. then try re-installing it. Worst case you can just do a system restore to a previous date and everything should be back to working..
Quote by whatadrag
idk anything about compys but your signature sir has just been copied extrememetalftw.

hey whats mine is yours, provided only if it originatess from UG.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
to TK1- when i tried installing it that same message comes up saying that i can't install it because another version is already on there. and there isn't an uninstall disk. it says in the book that you need to uninstall it by going to the add/remove programs thing like i've been trying.

to icaneatcatfood- i tried that and it gave me that same bloody message. i went tehre and tried deleting it and that didn't work. a really good try though...it just wouldn't work either though.

any more ideas then just let me know.