What bands have had drummers leave and were not the same since after the drummer left. Drummers are the heart of the band and contribute hugely to the energy. Dave Lombardo Slayer (91), Chris Kontos Machinehead (95) Bill Bruford King Crimson (various)
The Who, The Mars Volta
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
KISS (it seemed like they got way less popular after peter criss left)
dillinger escape plan (still awesome, but different)
led zeppelin (because they broke up)
The Who
Iron Maiden (Nicko was crazy good on his first two albums with them, but ever since SiT, his drumming has been somewhat lax, and I have a feeling they would be more energetic if they still had Clive.)
BRMC (but they changed for the better)
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Guns N' Roses, after appetite/lies...I don't think the change in sound had much to do with Steven tho...
Duh Smashing Pumpkins.....sure Adore was a great album but it wasn't the same without jimmy

now they're back and rockin'
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by GeetarAbuse
I can't believe no one's mentioned Spinal Tap yet...

That's cos they don't care about drummers haha!
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
Drummers are the heart of the band and contribute hugely to the energy.

not necessarily true.

pete best anyone?

and from a record companies point of view, the drummer is usually the weakest member, and if they start ****ing up they are the first to go.
its not often that drummers contribute much to the songwriting process, and its easy to get the same effect (possibly even better) from session guys when recording.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by phantom1
the new mars volta drummer is amazing

yeah, and besides, bedlam in goliath isnt even actually out yet, how do you know that theodore was better than pridgen?
Quote by FunkasPuck
yeah, and besides, bedlam in goliath isnt even actually out yet, how do you know that theodore was better than pridgen?

was this a stab at me?

no matter if it was or not, i've heard Pridgen and he's amazing
no, i was agreeing with you.

theres nothing that says theodore was better than pridgen, so the drummer change in this case didnt have a negative impact on the band.

and yeah, pridgen is a siiiick drummer.
Quote by FunkasPuck
not necessarily true.

pete best anyone?

and from a record companies point of view, the drummer is usually the weakest member, and if they start ****ing up they are the first to go.
its not often that drummers contribute much to the songwriting process, and its easy to get the same effect (possibly even better) from session guys when recording.

you know when a band has a weak drummer. drummers conduct the band (or should) from behind the kit. A lot of guitarist are self absorbed but many (including me being a guitarist/drummer) see their importance.
Quote by john_bosma
nirvana just wasn't the same when Dave Grohl left

uhh,
wtf?

Anyways, not to spam, but Decapitated will never be the same
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
I dread to think of where Rush would be, both musically and lyrically, had they not picked up Peart
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
Quote by kriscornella2@g
you know when a band has a weak drummer. drummers conduct the band (or should) from behind the kit. A lot of guitarist are self absorbed but many (including me being a guitarist/drummer) see their importance.

i make drum and bass. i am well aware of the importance of drums.

im just saying that generally, drummers have no input into making the music other than the beat. There are thousands of session drummers that can be bought in who would probably do a better job on the track than the original drummer, and nobody would notice.

you cant replace a singer very easily, for obvious reasons, invariably a guitarist will have written the riffs and being the moody artists that most guitarists are, they will not let anyone else step in for to play them, same deal to a lesser extent with bassists.

unless you doing neil peart levels of drumming, the drums are pretty much just there to keep time (and occasionally add a little of colour).
anyone could do it. im not saying that drums arent an integral aspect of the overall song, but drummers on the other hand, arent as important as the beats they make.
drummers can even be replaced by a fairly realistic sounding machine, who would argue a lot less, and would make a lot less mistakes.
I can't think of any that haven't been mention but drummers hold a lot of power. Tommy lee said, they are the only person on stage who can move the crowd with a single beat!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
I can't think of any that haven't been mention but drummers hold a lot of power. Tommy lee said, they are the only person on stage who can move the crowd with a single beat!

But Tommy Lee is a drummer, of course he's going to talk them up...

I agree that a drummer sometimes makes or breaks a band though, they are pretty important.
Hello
They are important just as anyone in the band and at times they add something special that makes the band what it is.

It makes me sad how much **** they are eating at times.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
judas priest have a had alot of drummer changes, i think they have had 6-7drummers since 1970. of course scott travis is alot more techincal skilled on the drums than his predecessor dave holland, but dave had a solid rhythm and played with priest for over 10years during the 80s
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by p_c
judas priest have a had alot of drummer changes, i think they have had 6-7drummers since 1970. of course scott travis is alot more techincal skilled on the drums than his predecessor dave holland, but dave had a solid rhythm and played with priest for over 10years during the 80s

Over 10 years during the 80s?

How many years did the 80s last for?
lol sorry, it was actually 1979 - 1989 ,so exactly 10years
lol sorry, it was actually 1979 - 1989 ,so exactly 10years