Hey guys! I was looking into the dunlop dime 'crybaby from hell' wah pedal.....
Is it worth it? I know there's alot of choice out there, but I've had my eyes on this baby (from hell ). Since I'm currently saving up for a Jackson KE3 Kelly, I don't have money to spend on stuff like this. I could wait till after I got the guitar (probably won't be until around January/February, wait...my dad might cough up $100 )
or I could ask for it for christmas!

Anyways....opinions, thoughts?
just get a normal wah. they're prettymuch the same thing, except with a higher price tag because of the camo and the fact that they slap dimebag's name on there.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
ok, I know about all that, "don't get it cause it's signature gear" stuff; but it has alot of variety to mangle with - the EQ's, the seperate volume kn...ohh just forget it, look it up...

But, I'm pretty sure this is what I want - now, lets hear some unbiased opinions!
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Nov 15, 2007,
Since I'd prefer not to buy off the internet.......where do they sell these? When I was at Tom lees last, I glanced at the pedals but not really paying attention....does anybody remember seeing this at a certain store?

*in canada*
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Since I'd prefer not to buy off the internet.......where do they sell these? When I was at Tom lees last, I glanced at the pedals but not really paying attention....does anybody remember seeing this at a certain store?

*in canada*

You can buy the wahs at guitar center if you have one near you. But most guitar places should have wah pedals. oh.. in canada i'm not sure lol, but still most music stores should have some kind of wah there, not sure if they'd have the specific one you want tho.
it's a decent wah. It's the same thing as a 535Q with some extra features. A little more boost, fine tune sweep adjustment, adjustable clutch, same side inputs or dual outputs, LED's. I have one, and it's pretty good for the high gain stuff.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
it's a decent wah. It's the same thing as a 535Q with some extra features. A little more boost, fine tune sweep adjustment, adjustable clutch, same side inputs or dual outputs, LED's. I have one, and it's pretty good for the high gain stuff.

Thx, I'll go for it.
Personally, if youre just looking for a high gain wah, go with the weeping demon or the standard crybaby.
the weeping demon is good for metal stuff anyway,
but if you have any knowledge of electronics, you can find a component or two to mod on the standard crybaby, and get the same tone for half the price without all of the bells and whistles
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by powerage225
Personally, if youre just looking for a high gain wah, go with the weeping demon or the standard crybaby.
the weeping demon is good for metal stuff anyway,
but if you have any knowledge of electronics, you can find a component or two to mod on the standard crybaby, and get the same tone for half the price without all of the bells and whistles

I guess we'll see - whatever I choose, I'm sure it will be fine.
Quote by JC13
Long and Mcquade over in langley has the Crybaby from hell, I noticed you're also from BC.

edit: What's with all of the people saying it is a normal wah, it's by far the best crybaby there is, especially for metal. I'm fairly certain Kerry King and Zakk Wylde both use it as well. It's based on the wah Dime had, which was a 535q from dunlop, but he modified it.. They added the mods in, made it look sweet, and voila!

edit: Toews music in abbotsford might also have it, I was there a couple weeks ago and noticed the Zakk Wylde one, so they probably have the Dime one..

Hey! That's were I'm buying from!! I don't live in langley but they have the best stores there (*laughs*). Go there this weekend! I'll be there, probably Saturday or Sunday, that would be sweet! And yes, even after looking at the morley bad horsie wah, I would still love to have a lethal Dime weapon.

Are you gonna go?
Quote by JC13
Long and Mcquade over in langley has the Crybaby from hell, I noticed you're also from BC.

edit: What's with all of the people saying it is a normal wah, it's by far the best crybaby there is, especially for metal. I'm fairly certain Kerry King and Zakk Wylde both use it as well. It's based on the wah Dime had, which was a 535q from dunlop, but he modified it.. They added the mods in, made it look sweet, and voila!

edit: Toews music in abbotsford might also have it, I was there a couple weeks ago and noticed the Zakk Wylde one, so they probably have the Dime one..

Hey! That's were I'm buying from!! I don't live in langley but they have the best stores there (*laughs*). Go their this weekend! I'll be there, probably Saturday or Sunday, that would be sweet! And yes, even after looking at the morley bad horsie wah, I would still love to have a lethal Dime weapon.

Are you gonna go?
Quote by JC13
I won't be there, but they do have quite a bit of stuff in Langley, mini Vancouver ftw. I didn't see any morleys last time I was there, but make the most out of your time and try out as many different wahs as you can, and get the best.

Damn you! no, jk. Alright, I'll try out every wah in sight (<<<that rhymed<<<.
yeah i've asked for one of these for xmas

apparently they're slightly better for high gain than the 535Q and there's a bunch of other features thrown in

since i'm soon to have saved up for my framus cobra *comes all over the room* i'll be needing something to handle high gain well lol

plus it looks BADASS haha

just for th erecord zakk wylde will use his own dunlop crybaby signature
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
The dime wah is based on the 535Q that Dime used, it has the same circutry and controls(but another added control, i dont know what it does). I say try the 535Q first, because you will save a bit of money.
The volume boost for wah in the DB01 is really useful; I use it all the time; I also have a classic crybaby but its not as good with loads of gain - although to be honest sometimes it sounds better with less gain.

MVL.
I see it as this, Dimes wah is the only wah Dunlop makes that is true bypass,save Slashs wah but it is horribly overpriced. All the other wahs i can hear them sucking the tone out of my amp. The Dime wah is very nice. If you want to go for best of the best and can throw in a little extra cash get the Real McCoy Custom 3 it owns everything in existence
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join