Ok, so I was watching How its Made today on the discovery channel (yes, I'm a nerd) and they were making Carbon Fiber cellos. Well, I was immediately curious to see if guitars had been made out of C.F. as well, turns out, plenty have (how i missed this i'll never know) but was wondering if anyone here owns one/has played one. I was interested to hear the sound out of one, and get some general opinions. The ones I saw on google were interesting, but I only saw one or two true dreadnought models.
cool-ass show. ive heard one, sounded pretty sweet, one guy was playing the carbon fiber and his buddy was playing a gibson jumbo. both sounded amazing
I think ovation or adamas' use carbon fiber. i know another brand does, but i cant think of the name. it has "rain" or "umbrella" in it i think...
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Selfish love by Miyavi is probably one of the coolest blues songs ive ever heard. And im hooked on the blues man. Hes just got the Devil's Slap or w/e he calls it that just screams badass
Lol, aight, so he's...interesting? I actually didn't mind the guitar or vocals, the damn bells were a bit annoying though, I'd like it a lot more without the bells going the whole time. Interesting look he's got going on tho....
haha, i know what you mean about the look. The more the guy makes the wierder he gets. The bells are hit or miss with people.
Quote by meltfireisland
parkers are carbon fiber and they're the ****.

All the parker models I have played have been nothing but great and I've played from a P30 all the way up the their top end acoustics. The only thing "carbon" about them is the fretboards on the high end models ( Carbon-Glass-Epoxy Composite to be exact). The bodies are proper wood though, on all the models.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
yea, im suprised only one person mentioned rainsong. Rainsong is definetly the biggest carbon fibre guitar manufacturer and they sound really great too.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
Sorry to hijack the thread, but any of you have played one of this "vibracell" body's guitar? like this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Switch-InnovoV-Signature-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=515684
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
my friend has an acoustic carbon fiber and it is extreamly nice(and expensive) it was so nice in fact that i refused to touch it
I went to an Aerosmith concert this summer and Joe Perry brought out a Carbon Fiber acoustic guitar to play a song with. He said NASA designed it for him. I forget what song he played, but it sounded very different. Kinda twangy.
bosta, its electric gypsy by andy timmons, it is a pretty sweet song I must add.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
The only carbon fiber acoustic guitars I am aware of are Rainsong and Composite Acoustics. I have played the Composite Acoustics and it is a sweet guitar with great tone across the board. I would love to own one but they are over 2K.
I own a RainSong (a WS-1000), and I absolutely love it. It's definitely a "different" sound than what you'd get from a traditional high-end wooden guitar, but I think it has an amazing tone (and it sounds just as incredible aplified).

This guy has a bunch of videos where he's playing a RainSong and the quality is very good so you can get a good idea of how the guitar actually sounds (in the hands of an insanely talented artist ):

http://www.youtube.com/user/erikmongrain

...here's a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4B_Q7AWYaw&feature=related

The model he's playing is a JM-1000 (jumbo).
I'm not a fan of them. I played one at guitar center today actually, and it just felt cheap to me. Same thing with ovations, I hate those with a passion.