well i want to get a schecter hell raiser and i am going to go try them out a GC this weekend but what is your guys' opinion on the floyd rose model?

its an extra 150 bucks and its kinda pushin my budget but if i have a chance should i get it?

do you think i could barter with GC to get the price lowered?
I've got the non-fr version and I'm in love with the guitar. If you're experienced with dealing with a FR, I'd say go for it!

As far as haggling with GC, you should be able to knock at least a little off the price, as well as get yourself a case, cable, and maybe a strap. I managed to get a rather inexpensive (but decent) case, strap, cable, and some strings with mine, as well as have them knock a decent chunk of money off. If you can bring cash with you, they'll be willing to deal even more. Just don't tell them how much cash you have right off the bat. Ask them what they'd be willing to do for you, THEN ask them again if they can do any better if you pay in cash...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Depends if you planning on using the floyd

It can be fun for drops, and squeals in the music, as well as providing tuning stability

but if you don't use it, its a shame to pay for it.

So its a personal choice really
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
ye floyds arent as hard to maintain as people say.

the hellraiser fr was my first floyd rose equipped guitar and i'm fine with the tuning and adjustments of the bridge. just gota get used to it. changing tuning is a real bitch if u plan to change to drop tunings or other different tunings though.

i love my hellraiser, i guarantee u'll love it too
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
ye floyds arent as hard to maintain as people say.

the hellraiser fr was my first floyd rose equipped guitar and i'm fine with the tuning and adjustments of the bridge. just gota get used to it. changing tuning is a real bitch if u plan to change to drop tunings or other different tunings though.

i love my hellraiser, i guarantee u'll love it too

Like macaroni said

Floyds arent that hard to set up, there are some good videos floating around on YouTube to help you out as well.

Once you get used to a Floyd and stick around 1 tuning, you could set up new string withing 10 - 15 minutes
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
ye 10 minutes would be about right.

and if u plan on changing tunings, use a backup guitar. thats wat my epi is for : D

also, a tip for changing strings and setting up a floyd, BE PATIENT! my friend got frustrated with his floyd springs cos he was turning them too much, i told him to try quarter turns and 1/8 turns instead of full turns and he slowly got there.
i just said alotta turns there lol

ye so if u decide to go with the fr version, good luck with it all and dont get frustrated when things go wrong, ug will help
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer