I'm looking into buying a 335 style guitar, and will most likely just buy a 335.

Before i do, i'd like to get opinions from those that have played other archtops as well as the 335, and who can give a reasonably fair comparison.

Basically i'll be using it for recording. Its just the sound and playability that matter to me, so if i can get the same quality from another manufacturer cheaper, then all's good
my friend had an old ibanez from the 70s, i think, that was pretty sweet. it had a smaller body like the 339. i have and love the sheraton II.

here's a pic of the ibanez http://photos-341.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v113/194/49/660903341/n660903341_153088_9382.jpg
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Last edited by doctorums at Nov 15, 2007,
Odds are, an Epiphone Dot with pickup and hardware upgrades can get you pretty damn close to a genuine ES-335. For a helluva lot less, as well.

Can't say I'm speaking from experience or anything, but the build quality of my Dot Studio is rather excellent. Could probably be close-ish to a 335 if I were to invest more cash into it.
Some of the better Ibanez artcores are supposed to be pretty good. If I ever got an archtop though I would get a gretsch.
I've heard good things about Hagstrom Vikings.

Never played one myself though.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
well every sheraton II ive played is amazing. neck smooth
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
the epiphoe dot is good but i would prefer a ibanez artcore, maybe with a pup change. Or you can just get a real 335
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!