Anyone else pissed that people assume you have to play like Jack Johnson to be any good. It pisses me off to no end cuz all Jack Johnson plays is chords, nothin else. But no because I can't play all the ****ed up chords that Jack johnson can I automatically suck at guitar, what the **** is that about? Honestly I'd prefer guitar players if judged at all, should be judged on the overall level of their playing, not just one aspect of their playing.
I like Jack Johnson. Cry more. If you want to play to impress people, learn SONGS that impress people. Impressing musicians and impressing normal people are two different things.
Jack Johnson's chords are ****ed up?

And yeah, I like Jack Johnson too. Take it easy, hoss.
oh no!!!!

somebody call the wahmbulance!!!!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Uhh... quit your bitchin' play whatever you want. You aren't supposed to play music for the masses, but for yourself... MUSIC Law #1.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
If you cant play chords like him, then sorry, but you DO suck.

I don't care how fast you play.

I don't care how 'brutal' your **** is.

Learn some bloody chords.
Quote by Spoony_Bard

Old and not funny anymore.

But anyways don't be mad dude just be a calm person,who gives a shit what the normies think.they are not on the same level as us musicians,we are the superior race!

WE ARE ULTIMATE-GUITAR BITCH!
Quote by myself101
You tried so hard, and got so far.

And in the end, it didn't even matter.

Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
stop complaining, if you want people to think that you're good, then play good, even a person who isn't a musician knows when they see something they like, so thats why they like jack johnson. If you want people to react like they do when they see jack johnson, play some jack joshnson and stop complaining.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by Cannibalwolf
Old and not funny anymore.

But anyways don't be mad dude just be a calm person,who gives a shit what the normies think.they are not on the same level as us musicans,we are the superior race!

WE ARE THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR BITCH!

Shutting down someone elses race joke then making your own = epic fail.
definitely grow some stones and stop being a whiny bitch

i would imagine that jack johnson has got you beat in more aspects than just chords if your that much of a little girl about it
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Yeah i like jack johnson as well, and yes his chords take some getting used to. Well, for me they did anyway.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by slash16x
Anyone else pissed that people assume you have to play like Jack Johnson to be any good. It pisses me off to no end cuz all Jack Johnson plays is chords, nothin else. But no because I can't play all the ****ed up chords that Jack johnson can I automatically suck at guitar?.

jack who?

are you better than jack johnson?

and if you do, you would be too good to rant about someone who's not better than you...

and if you don't, what's the problem, he has been playing way longer than you probably, he has worked his ass off to own you at guitar
Quote by 7daycrisis
Shutting down someone elses race joke then making your own = epic fail.

do you know how much times that has been shown on theses forums,it is just getting old,and please don't be a tool right now.
Jack Johnson is a good songwriter, so let him be. He gets more vagina than you too.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Cannibalwolf
do you know how much times that has been shown on theses forums,it is just getting old,and please don't be a tool right now.

So what? Its an internet forum. Go read a newspaper if you want something original. Dont come to the pit.
Jack Johnson is ****in sweet. It's great chill music.

Quit bitching.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Quote by 7daycrisis
So what? Its an internet forum. Go read a newspaper if you want something original. Dont come to the pit.

Yeah whatever not even going to waste time on kids right now.
Quote by 7daycrisis
If you cant play chords like him, then sorry, but you DO suck.

I don't care how fast you play.

I don't care how 'brutal' your **** is.

Learn some bloody chords.

But seriously, you shouldn't care about what people think. If it's obvious to you that you don't need to know jack johnson stuff to be good at guitar, then it doesn't matter what other people think.

Go Jack Johnson.
And he doesn't JUST play chords the whole time.....he just doesn't play lead.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Quote by Cannibalwolf
Yeah whatever not even going to waste time on kids right now.

Your age makes you so much cooler than me.
Quote by slash16x
Anyone else pissed that people assume you have to play like Jack Johnson to be any good.
lol wut?

Where did you come up with this? Who are these people who "assume" anyone has to play like anyone else to be good. Look kid, you don't seem too bright, but I'll give you some advice. If you try real hard, you just might be able to comprehend it:

If people try to feed you bullshit, don't swallow.

Quote by slash16x
It pisses me off to no end cuz all Jack Johnson plays is chords, nothin else. But no because I can't play all the ****ed up chords that Jack johnson can I automatically suck at guitar, what the **** is that about?
Now you're just talking stupid. Jack Johnson plays just fine. Don't try to compare yourself with him. He sells records. Whether or not you suck is on you. Not on how you compare to Jack Johnson, or anyone else.

Quote by slash16x
Honestly I'd prefer guitar players if judged at all, should be judged on the overall level of their playing, not just one aspect of their playing.
It's not a competition, idiot. It's music. Play what you play, because that's what YOU want to do. The only way you're judged is by whether or not people want to listen to you. You DON'T have a choice about that. You don't get to decide whether they like you or not. Either you connect with the people listening or you don't.

Your "preference" about judging has been duly noted, wadded up, and thrown in the bin.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by scarecr0w

But seriously, you shouldn't care about what people think. If it's obvious to you that you don't need to know jack johnson stuff to be good at guitar, then it doesn't matter what other people think.

Go Jack Johnson.
And he doesn't JUST play chords the whole time.....he just doesn't play lead.

like lead was such a huge thing

those shreders are washing all of our children's minds
Dude, Jack Johnson is hella sweet and chill. His music is so much fun to play with.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Yea, damn those people that say you're not as good as Jack because you don't have the skill to play what he does!

**** them!

Learn some Jack Johnson songs, it will make you a better guitarist, and when someone asks you to play them, then you can play those songs AND some other beastly songs

bigger repitiour = better guitar player
Jack Johnson's is way better than you think. As well are the two guys that are his backup band. JJ's songs are good enough to stand alone, he strums his chords, and sings well inspired lyrics. His back-up lay a nice and complimentary foundation. Which, from my understanding, JJ lends quite a trusting amount of freedom. Only after(with some exception),does his supporting musicians do thier parts, does Jack do his signature fills.
leave me alone, please.
Quote by stringmagician
Yea, damn those people that say you're not as good as Jack because you don't have the skill to play what he does!

**** them!

Learn some Jack Johnson songs, it will make you a better guitarist, and when someone asks you to play them, then you can play those songs AND some other beastly songs

bigger repitiour = better guitar player

lol, completely agreed

the ts seems like the kind of guys who sits and complains instead of sit and practice
God stop your bitching. If you can't play jack johnson chords, you suck. How about you embrace the idea of gaining a fan by learning a song they like? I tried to learn every song any of my friends threw at me, and I'm a much better guitar player for it, even if I hated the song, I still learned it. Grow up and lets your balls drop. Play a chord or two.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

It's not a competition, idiot. It's music. Play what you play, because that's what YOU want to do. The only way you're judged is by whether or not people want to listen to you. You DON'T have a choice about that. You don't get to decide whether they like you or not. Either you connect with the people listening or you don't.

I guarantee if you play some chick a Jack Johnson song, you have a better chance of getting laid than you did before. For sure you have a better chance than screaming the lyrics to an old disturbed sond done unplugged.
leave me alone, please.
Last edited by astrocreep71 at Nov 15, 2007,

umm

*reported*

You're pissed off at JJ because he plays better than you so you make a horrible post about it?

Failure at its best.

Go away please

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
im not sure a post has ever pissed me off more....ur a little bitch...first of all yea man those chords he plays are real fd up...whose ever heard of barre chords.....also if u have listed to more than one of his songs you kno the little riffs and imbelishments he plays are pretty fn hard......I can play a lot his songs and they sound good to e and the people im playing for but if u listen to him play the song its clear that he is throwing a lot more little nuaunces in there and clearly playing it much better......get a life...loser
Apart from "Belle" I think you'll find most Jack Johnson's chords are pretty normal TS.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Not to be the Fun Police and stopping the TS from getting absolutely pwned and all, but I have reported the thread so until we hear from a mod can we stop posting. Just following the rules.

Cheers.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!