I probably went to the best and worst show tonight. My friends band was playing at open mic at the local pizza shop and they played awesome. But the next band was a punk/skacore band, and they played into one of the other bands set. So they got into a huge ass fight. Apparently the cops got called so I left. It was kinda gay.

What are some stories of bad shows you've been to?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
I once went to a local hardcore/emo show. Must I continue?

nope. Just stop there.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Whenever local bands play at a local bar near my house. Big top floor all devoted to shows with a patio and cheap beers. Paradise, right? Wrong. **** bands galore there. Its a cruel fate.
Oh god, the worst band I've ever heard played at the bar I frequent (my roommate is the bartender). They were called 100 proof or something. The singer was wasted and talking all sorts of sh$t on the mike to his bandmates. They had a dj/keyboard player who was actually pretty good. He was wasted and telling stories about a bad one-night stand with some fat chick, it ended up the band packed everything up and left him there rapping/singing alone. It was kinda funny bc 1 instrument would stop, then the next, then the next. And the douche stayed up on stage trying to get people into an already dead show. He was horrible to begin with, even when everyone was there. Gross. Worst show I've ever been to in my life. Hands down.
i'm always dissapointed when I see huge bands play in event centers and such.. whats the fun of a concert if you have to be confined to your chair.. plus local austin music is generally better than any bigtime band that comes to town.. and you only spend 20 bucks to get in, keep that extra 30-50 bucks on some brew
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
nope. Just stop there.

lol, i agree, stop rite now.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
a gig at my school, the rythm player started to mess up again, and again and again

the lead player got upset, unplugged his guitar, turned off his amps and left the stage

crappy i know
this christian rock band came to my school. Must I continue? Well I'm going to anyways because it's hilarious.
So they were these two morbidly obese women who were "saved" by Jesus so they formed a christian band, one is a singer / guitarist and the other backup singer and keyboardist. They named their band "3 pound soul", but since they were fat, my best friend screamed "300 pound soul!" and "Take it off!" at them. I think he got detention but it was hilarious. Anyways they were the lamest excuse for musicians I've ever seen. I don't care if they love jesus or if they are fat, but they were just so BAD. It was funny. As a joke I got them to autograph my arm. Good times.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
punk/skacore band

Why must people add 'core' to all genres ? What the **** does it even mean ? Explain me the difference between metalcore and metal. I hate all cores.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by deadkenedy
Why must people add 'core' to all genres ? What the **** does it even mean ? Explain me the difference between metalcore and metal. I hate all cores.

and cores hate you
Well, I explain it using ska, and skacore. Normal Ska is pretty cool and has singers who actually sing. Skacore is pretty cool, they play it with a bunch of distortion and the singer basically yells and screams.

Well, i was playing in a show in a local bar with my old band, and well three people we there, including the bartender.
I play bass!
i would actually have to say it was my favorite concert....

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
AWESEOME STAGE PRESENCE

**** audience....i was one of 20 people who was actually excited to be there
Quote by deadkenedy

just add some dramatic breaks to it and some insane screaming
Quote by backupbass1
Well, i was playing in a show in a local bar with my old band, and well three people we there, including the bartender.

You can't necessarily think of those as bad shows. Maybe a result of bad promotion. That's when you play your heart out, but think of it as a glorified practice session. Bc that bartender might be the guy booking the shows, or knows of someone who could hook you up. Play your heart out for him and you could possibly be auditioning for another show without even knowing it.
a few years ago the band i was in got invited to play with another local band.....they were friends with our singers sister or some such ****. They were more of a grunge band....but we said sure. they wanted to open for us...we just shrugged and said ok (it was their show really...still to this day have no idea why they asked to open it). They said there would be 60-100 ppl there. we said "great".

6 people showed up. none of them were old enuff to even drink. they sat thru their friends band, when we went on they were walking out the door before we even got started. Nothing quite like playing for an empty room lol.
Oh god, I just remembered! We had this one band open up for us, and they were terrible. The guitar player was decent actually, everyone else sucked. The singer's voice was horrible, the girl bassist was just...there, and the drummer. Oh lawd, the drummer. I kid you not, we debated over this for months after the show, and we still don't know whether it's a man or a woman. "It" kind of looked like a woman, but our drummer talked to "it" and said "it" sounded like a man. Plus, "it" was playing some ****ty electric drum kit, and half of the pieces of it didn't even work.

Then, they covered "Strutter" by Kiss. Need I say more?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by dennisshad
6 people showed up. none of them were old enuff to even drink. they sat thru their friends band, when we went on they were walking out the door before we even got started. Nothing quite like playing for an empty room lol.

I once went to a punk show where almost the same thing happened. Maybe 13 people for the first couple bands and half of them left after that. The pit was basically me and 3 other people the whole night. It was extra flop because it was only the second small venue punk show I ever went to and the first (at that same venue) was an insane show with like 100 people minimum.
Last edited by Uncle Fonzie at Nov 15, 2007,
one of the bands we played with a couple years back let a friend of theirs dress in full drag and lipsync to a Bette Midler song.

worse than playing for 6 underage kids and a bartender. by far.
Worst I've been to I didn't really go to, these two twins came to my school (called TWIN as it happens) and sang. I'll admit that they weren't the worst, but they were bad, and wore these grotesque jackets that were cross between an army coat and something you'd expect the last Tsar of Russia to wear. It was pretty lame.
Worst I've ever played at was another school one. It was in the summer, so everyone was expecting a sunny outside gig, with several bands playing and stalls around, etc. But it rained miserably and the field was caked in mud, so there were perhaps just three dozen people all standing in the freezing cold while we (and other bands) tried to make do on a tiny stage that gave each of us perhaps two feet of room. Urgh.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Worst gig I ever played was when I was in a "black metal" band, we were sh*t. I did love it though. We were always made to play with emo bands, so when we played it was like playing to a herd of bored cows with humerous fringes.

ANYWAY! first time we played a gig, our guitarist, got really, really, really drunk. Too drunk.
He couldn't play any of the songs, he kept stopping, he jumped off the stage and pulled the lead out of his guitar because the lead wasn't long enough. He tried to start fights with the audience, he blamed our drummer for ****ing up, even though it was him. He kicked me because I didn't start screaming at the beginning of songs, well, I couldn't, because he was playing so badly it didn't even resemble any of the songs. He kept stealing my mic to introduce songs, even though......he was the guitarist and had no vocal input in the band.

It was a disaster, I had to aplogise to people...and smack him at the end of the gig...