Okay so I went to pick up my F-50 today, and damnit was it a trip to get it. I found it for $700, mint condish, 1st owner bought it new 2 years ago. Traveled all the way from Brooklyn NYC to Long Island, exit 58 or so plus another 30min driver after that....lol..

So far I love the thing, Havnt had a chance to crank it but the cleans are brilliant, and the gain is just what I wanted. Its not the usual distortion Im used to, but more of a darker chunky distortion which is great. I thought I would try it with my OD but that wasnt even needed. Unfortunately, I havnt turned it up yet, and when I touched the master just a BIT the volume boomed, lol.

Anyways, I have a question about Attenuators. Are they ONLY for like saturating your tubes so you can play at bedroom levels or am I missing something here. It just sucks that theyre so expensive too, but I guess its worth getting that full rich sound at a low volume...

***BTW, I wanted a Mark IV but didnt want to drop 1.2+k ATM. So I figured Id get the F-50 for now and in a few years if need be switch. I get home today, check CL, and theres a M4 on there for $1000....BAH!********
I think you made a great buy, forget the Mark IV for now. I personally am not a fan of Attenuators, and I think you'll get a great sound from that amp ever without crazy power tube saturation. Just my thoughts.
i thought you meant an LTD... haha.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I think you made a great buy, forget the Mark IV for now. I personally am not a fan of Attenuators, and I think you'll get a great sound from that amp ever without crazy power tube saturation. Just my thoughts.

by using an attenuator, you saturate the tubes but it attenuates the volume so you can crank it witout having your ears bleeding

edit: sorry, i read it wrong

you probably wouldn't need to really crank it amp, i've played a few rectos with the volume at 1 1/2 and they sound amazing, altough they sound beautiful when cranked, so an attenuator is a good idea but not neccesary (or maybe it does because of the parents)
Last edited by deluxity at Nov 15, 2007,
if you use the attenuator to get your amp saturated at a bedroom volume, it will sound like crap.
Quote by TehJermie
if you use the attenuator to get your amp saturated at a bedroom volume, it will sound like crap.

I doubt that one...
You got the F-50 off CL, too? The $700 one out in Suffolk? I was eyeing that one, despite the fact that I don't need it at all. It looked like a good deal to me.

I live in Suffolk. Ironically, I drove into Brooklyn for a deal on a Deluxe Reverb off CL.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I personally find that Mesa amps sound decent at bedroom levels. The attenuator will allow you to burn your tubes hotter for more saturation, but I don't think you need it.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
craigslist has the best deals. way better then ebay. i got a complete valveking halfstack with replaced tubes for 400.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.