What does putting the capo behind the nut mean? (in order to tune to a lower key)
Thanks for the feedback
I've never heard of it before.

The only way to tune to a lower key is to release tension on the strings (de-tuning and a floyd rose are two exampls). A capo does not do this.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
If you put a capo behind the nut it would raise the pitch because the capo would squeeze the strings.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Won't it break the strings?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Dunno, don't think it would break them- just never heard of anyone doing it before...
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
there was something in a thread about this, it was a joke. putting the capo up the fretboard increases pitch, so they said behind the nut will decrease pitch.
Quote by robin142
there was something in a thread about this, it was a joke. putting the capo up the fretboard increases pitch, so they said behind the nut will decrease pitch.

Haha, too bad they never tried it out to see if they were right.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
More than likely a joke, but I've also seen guitarists store their capo there. Just make sure the arm goes under the strings, not clamping them down. that way it's always handy when you need it. I hang mine from my guitar stand, just behind where the neck rests. To each his/her own I guess.