Hey rockers,

I own a Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt top, and was thinking about getting some new pickups for my guitar. Right now I have stock pickups.

The sound I really want is crisp, dark, good on distortion, and something that'll sound great!

Influences are Godsmack, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, and Everclear. Just to name a few.

I read somewhere that Tony Rombola (Godsmack's guitarist) used Seymour Duncan Billy Gibbons pickups on the "Awake" album. Anyone ever use them? Any info would be great.

Let me know what you suggest. Thanks.

Btw you can listen to some of my demos on my myspace page. It's a work in progress but you gotta start sometime right?
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
What amp do you own?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Right now I'm just using a practice amp. It's a Crate 15w. You can find a pic of it on my myspace page.
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
i kinda liked the pickups on the Epiphone les paul classics tho...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Cool, thanks for the info.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of amp I would need. Something that's not too expensive (my budget isn't so great at the moment) but my dad said he would get me a Marshall MicroStack. All I've been hearing about that amp is that it's not good.

Any Suggestions?
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
I looked into those amps that you mentioned, a little too much money for me at the moment. I'm hoping to find something good between $200 and $300. Something that sounds great with distortion (that's a must) but something that sounds crisp and clear.
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by GSanthony4458
I looked into those amps that you mentioned, a little too much money for me at the moment. I'm hoping to find something good between $200 and $300. Something that sounds great with distortion (that's a must) but something that sounds crisp and clear.

For the genres you play, you'll have to stretch your budget a bit for a quality tube combo that can do it.

The Randall goes for under 600, I think - brand new.

Both Traynors should be under 500, if you looked USED.
^ I agree, definitely look into those. Most 200-300 amps will just be glorified practice amps - the Crate Flexwaves and Marshall MGs for example share basically the same preamp section throughout the entire range, be it 100 watt or 10 watt. It'll only be a minor upgrade at that price, what you should do is get a big upgrade and be glad you didn't waste any money.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.