Hello, I am currently in the market for an amp to be used for practicing with a band and gigging with a band (practising with on my own at low volumes i could care less about). My band plays experimental/progressive metal, I want a high gain amp head with tight lows for good CHUG for breakdowns, distortion and tone wise i am looking for as close as i can get to adam jones (from TOOL), and yes i know he uses several heads and cabs simultaniously and i know which ones he uses (diezel, messa, marshal bass head) so don't bother telling me how hard it is to achieve his tone, i want an all tube amp, no solid-state baloney...i would require at least 2 channels one for hi gain one for clean. I have been researching amps for months now so am fairly educated in the brands available, i am just posting this thread to see if there are any that you would suggest that i may not know of...my price range is 1,300 i do not want to spend that much, my first choice so far is the ENGL fireball, i am hoping to find something cheaper than that without compromising gain/tone...i also prefer boutique companies, but i do beleive they are above my price range, any suggestions at all???and yes i know i'm a picky son of a bitch.
Quote by angus69
I HATE PINK FLOYD!!!! they don't do any music! it's just bull****... other bands like genesis, king krimson or jefferson airplane are so musch better!!!!

Quote by TwistedLogic
/\ New evidence that internet use should be restricted to those who can count to 10 or higher.
used 5150 and a vadar cab
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
$1,3000 should definitely get you a good amp, if you're going used. ENGL is a good choice, either the Fireball or Powerball is a good choice. Have you looked into Diezel amps? They've become hot **** especially lately.
Quote by RAT Girl
$1,3000 should definitely get you a good amp, if you're going used. ENGL is a good choice, either the Fireball or Powerball is a good choice. Have you looked into Diezel amps? They've become hot **** especially lately.

Diezels are nice, but way too expensive for him.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I used to play a lot of progressive rock and metal stuff, look into these amps:

-Mesa Mark III
-Mesa Mark IV
-Mesa DC-5
-Mesa Nomad 45 or 55

I'd highly recommend looking for a used Mesa DC-5. Has a really nice clean channel and a kick ass lead channel with an additional 5-band EQ. Good thing you're not too worried about bedroom level, because this amp is LOUD! Very underrated and overlooked amp by Mesa.
Hmmm, my mind is still on the Engl Fireball, any other boutique companies I should look into that boast high gain amps for relatively good prices?
Quote by angus69
I HATE PINK FLOYD!!!! they don't do any music! it's just bull****... other bands like genesis, king krimson or jefferson airplane are so musch better!!!!

Quote by TwistedLogic
/\ New evidence that internet use should be restricted to those who can count to 10 or higher.