I just got Cubase SX3 and was wondering how you get it to work with Mbox2 as
the interface. I know it works because they have it set up like that at uni.

has anyone set this up?

I'm running windows XP.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
Why would you shell out the cash for an Mbox2 if you're not going to use the top-notch software that comes bundled with it? That's half of what you're paying for anyways. I don't know the answer to your question, but that just doesn't seem to me like the wisest setup.
It doesn't work with Cubase as far as I know. Mbox is proprietary to Pro Tools, which is odd that your uni somehow has it set up like that.
of course I'll be using Pro Tools but I need to be able to use quite a lot of different software because I'm a production student. One of the main reasons for getting Cubase was some
of the sweet VST instruments that don't work with Pro Tools, but I recently found out
you can get a wrapper to port them into Tools.

anyways, the Uni basically has Pro Tools, Cubase, Reason, Sibelius and Auralia all working side by side with the original MBox. Reason recognises the Mbox2 and its midi connections, but Cubase not recognising it doesn't make sense to me. I'll try cubase.net, thanks.
Okay, I figured it out, its ridiculously easy. Sorry for wasting time.

If anyone wants to try it, you just go to
Devices -> Device Setup -> and select the Digidesign ASIO Driver under VST Audiobay.

Cubase now recognizes the 4 inputs and 2 outputs of the Mbox2.

You can use the midi ins/outs of the Mbox2 without changing the ASIO driver.

This works with 002s and the like as well.

Hooray!
*smacks self on head* god damn I can't believe I forgot that's how it's done. I had to do that almost everyday when switching to a mic interface. Damn brain.