Ok i've got a mex 70's reissue ,and hopefully getting some dimarzio's today from ebay soo..Is it something i could do myself? with the old pickup's as wire guidance is it that hard? =p Thanks.

Edit:Would they need setting up after to get the right tone of the pups?
Last edited by stereotype6 at Nov 15, 2007,
as long as u follow the schematics or the guides and u know how to solder properly, it's pretty easy. just dont burn any components by leaving the soldering iron on one spot too long and ye its pretty straight forward. check, double check and triple check before u put the soldering iron to the wire that it is teh right wire being soldered onto the right spot.

as for the setting up, as long as u got them wired up right and the pickup height is adjusted nicely, it should sound bliss.

good luck!
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
as long as u follow the schematics or the guides and u know how to solder properly, it's pretty easy. just dont burn any components by leaving the soldering iron on one spot too long and ye its pretty straight forward. check, double check and triple check before u put the soldering iron to the wire that it is teh right wire being soldered onto the right spot.

as for the setting up, as long as u got them wired up right and the pickup height is adjusted nicely, it should sound bliss.

good luck!

I'll look for a guide now,thanks.
yea, make sure you use a decent wattage iron, low heat ones you have to hold onto the solder longer, which means a higher chance of damaging components. A 30-40 watt will work just fine.