I've tried Elixirs. They sounded great but they rusted away just 2 weeks after I got them. And from there on, buying expensive acoustic strings seemed not worthy for me anymore.

Anyway, what do you guys recommend? Daddario? Dea Markley? Suggestions?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
I've always preferred Di'Adario strings on my instruments. They go for the average price, I usually don't get the extra coated ones that are suppose to last longer, I just get the normal ones. Phosphorous bronze.

Have you tried Martins? I think they are suppose to be decent strings as well.
How much can strings cost, really?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I picked up some nice Ernie Ball regular Slinky phosphor bronze acoustic strings recently. 12-16-24-32-44-54 gauge. Sound great. A bit bright and over-jangly when you first put 'em on, but they quickly mellow out into a nice rounded tone. Kept that tone for a couple of weeks so far, and still going strong.

Last time I bought strings, they were D'Addario, and while they sounded very nice, they were dull and lost all their sustain in about a week.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Your Elixir's were rusted in a couple of weeks?? It usually takes a few months for my Elixir's to go, and I play every day. I have them on both my acoustic and electric, been using them for almost 2 years.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Yeah, I dont know how the heck your strings rusted that fast. I use elixer lights nanowebs and those have never rusted, or even broke. Maybe you should try cleaning them when your done playing. But if you want inexpensive guitar strings, go with D'Addarios. The cheap ones. Theyll only last for 2 weeks if you play them regularly, but you pay for what you get. Elixers are my choice and they last a month before they sound dull. I play 2 hours every day, or maybe 1 hour. But if you testing out strings, make sure you get the same gauge, or youll be messing with your truss rod later.
Guitars.

Seagull Entourage Rustic Q1
Washburn D-10 N 93'
Jay turser.. i dunno what model.
Quote by m3k
I've tried Elixirs. They sounded great but they rusted away just 2 weeks after I got them. And from there on, buying expensive acoustic strings seemed not worthy for me anymore.

Anyway, what do you guys recommend? Daddario? Dea Markley? Suggestions?

If your Elixirs rusted away after two weeks, my first recommendation is that you wash your hands before you play your guitar. Unless you play your guitar like 8 hours a day, it's pretty rare for coated strings to go bad so quickly. So try washing your hands before you play and maybe try some other coated strings from D'addario or Dean Markley if you want to give coated strings another shot.

If not, good ol' Martin acoustic strings are pretty darn cheap $4-$6 a pack and should last for two weeks anyway!

Quote by Hultan
How much can strings cost, really?

Have you considered that a person using coated strings and owning multiple guitars can easily spend $100 or more a month on strings? Imagine owning 10 acoustic guitars including a couple 12 strings and perhaps a baritone guitar. Observe:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Elixir-8020-Bronze-Acoustic-Nanoweb-wAnti-Rust-12String?sku=107502
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Elixir-Nanoweb-Phosphor-Bronze-Acoustic-Medium?sku=101573
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cleartone-Coated-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-ExtraLight?sku=100943
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-EXP23-Coated-Phosphor-Bronze-Baritone-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings?sku=104358
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-EXP17-Coated-Phosphor-Bronze-Medium-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings?sku=104341
^ Haha, is this a game? Are we supposed to match the string set with Jim's guitars?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^-- haha no way man. i can't afford those new-fangled expensive strings on my 12 string guitars! i use martin extra lights and they are still like $11 a set!
^ haha my strings for my classical cost from £8.50 to £12.50 and you can pat alot more than that for steel strings... i think the D'addario EXPs are a good £18 RRP. It's worth it though cos they last so long and sound shockingly good.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I buy coated strings for my 12, and I really need to stop. I still need to fiddle with the saddle, but I'm not going to take off strings that I paid $18 for and just put on this week! My student income is $67 a week and that needs to pay for groceries too, haha.

Better luck next time I guess.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
I buy coated strings for my 12, and I really need to stop. I still need to fiddle with the saddle, but I'm not going to take off strings that I paid $18 for and just put on this week! My student income is $67 a week and that needs to pay for groceries too, haha.

Better luck next time I guess.

i break strings on my 12 string guitars all the time it'd be crazy expensive to keep replacing them with coated strings. so i just go with the cheapest ones i can find in whatever shop i go to. it usually ends up being martin extra lights.
Well, I live about 3 miles from the ocean so my room is quite moist and I leave my acoustic out a lot. But seriously, I didn't think my Elixirs would last 2 weeks even in that kind of climate.

I think I'll try some martines, thanks guys
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
I know down here where i live, if you buy 10packs of D'Addario's are decent value for money. Currently they also come with a free tuner that retails for about $40. I think you can get sets of 20 and 50too.
Buying in bulk may be the answer
Martin silk and steel are great for the money. They will last you about a month or two if played on a regular basis...couple hours a day.