So heres the thing, I'm Bored. For the hell of it, I would like to just try the low seven string tone without buying a seven string guitar.

So has anyone had any expirence with doing this... ANything special you guys do? Obviously the typical bridge adjusments and what not.

ALso just making sure its dandy for the neck and all... Thanks!!
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
put on all the strings except the high E string and tune it to standard. sounds pretty sick. might be kindof weird with that ****ed up relationship between the G and B now being on the 1st and 2nd strings instead of 2nd and 3rd
what you could do is have a 6 string guitar tuned like a 7 string (without a high E) you can tune the strings so that EADGBE is BEADGB....the problem is you'll lose alot of tension and stuff...i havent gone that low before...but its easier and less risky
Dancing In Your Dust
if ever i want access to the lower strings, i simply tune down my E3 to B2 while keeping he rest in standard. the lowest ive ever tuned it was to A2, any lower and it get fret buzzes too much to deal with.
Just buy a seven string. WG587 is an amazing guitar you can still pick up for cheap.
OK, so that is exactly what I was going to do.... I should be fine with the B string but I could also tune that accordingly... So no one has had neck problems, that is what I was really afraid of.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
OK, so that is exactly what I was going to do.... I should be fine with the B string but I could also tune that accordingly... So no one has had neck problems, that is what I was really afraid of.

just make sure the intonation is correctly set... the neck will be fine unless ur wanting to tune it higher than standard, which if it was the case i would strongly recommend a guitar tech set it up for u properly. also if you want to permanently set your guitar to this new tuning, once again give it to a guitar tech.

but just for mucking around and experimenting, u will be fine.
ive tuned down E an octave before and you could (kinda) hear the notes...
ive tuned my 6 string to 7 string tuning before...just get not even slinkys (12-56 gauge) and tune down to standard A

And there you go a 7 string tuned guitar but without your high end string on 7 string
remember to get thick-ass strings
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
i've been doing this for a few years now.

just snag yourself a set of strings that are 13-56 and tune it up BEADF#B

same as 6 string tuning but as low as 7

the string tension WILL be the same.. so no adjustments will be necessary to your neck.
(10-46 tuned to E is pretty darn close to 13-56 tuned to B)

intonation will need an adjustment tho.. and the since your G will probably be wound now so that saddle will need to come back.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.