Hello, I'm new here.

I've been looking for versatille guitar that has abillity of playing various musical styles.
I play Blues, Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Power Metal, although the main and my favorite style is Rock (AC-DC, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones).
It is almost certain that I will buy one of these two guitars, but I'm not sure which of them is better and which is most versatile.
I know that Epiphone is almost good as a Gibson, but I'm not really sure that I can play Metal with it.
On the other side, Fender Stratocaster is great for blues and my favorite Heavy Metal band (Iron Maiden) use Fender, but I'm not sure that Fender is good for Rock and Hard Rock expecially AC-DC.
About Blues, I would play a bit of Gary Moore and the company.
Oh yes, Mexican Stratocaster I wan't to buy is Fat Strat because I prefer Humbuckers and I need them for my Metal playing.

I know, I'm complicated...
Last edited by Uncle Gibson at Nov 18, 2007,
buy the one that feels better to you. because they have such different weights and neck size.

they both have at least one humbucker, the strat is a little more versatile, but in reality, your amp is going to shape the tone the most.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
mexican fat strat is better
Real eyes realise real lies.
Definitely play both because they have very different feels. As for the sound, with a change of pickups you can get any sound from either. I mean Malmstein plays a strat, so I'm sure you can get a ton of sounds out of it. Same goes for the LP.
I would gladly play both, but I can't afford it. I'm not sure which of those two guitars goes with better pickups.

But Epiphone also isn't so bad for Metal, right?
i have an epi LP standard and its a fantastic guitar for the price.

holds tune for days and has a lovely tone for blues. i checked out the MIM strats at the same shop and didnt fancy them. but i was slightly biased towards the LP before i got there if i am honest...

best bet is to go to the shop and play em both... and some others too to get an idea of what else is on offer. ibanez, prs, washburn and dean... the list is endless. go play and one will choose you for sure.
Thank you please.
Don't listen to anybody's preference on here: try them both extensively. I made the mistake of listening to forum advice, and went with the Epi Standard. After I got it from the shop, I realised it was just wrong for me.... Fat neck, very uncomfortable, heavy, and through my Frontman I had at the time I thought it sounded rubbish too.

I sold it, and bought a MIM Strat: I love it, nice slim comfy neck, comfy and lightweight body, nice stock pickups, and great scope for modding: I already changed the electronics and the bridge pickup to a mini humbucker.

Go with what you like best. That is the only thing you should really heed from here.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
go with the strat.... mexican strats are made by mexicans in mexico... american series are made by mexicans in america, theyre not bad
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
yep -- go with a guitar that lets you play your best. Your 'tone' is going to come out of the amp. I heard this young dude in a guitar shop playing the most wickedly bitchin 'metal' through a vintage stratocaster, but it was plugged into a B-52 amp.....the amp (and your hands) are what makes the metal, baby.
Oh yes I have one more question, it may sound stupid, but it's kinda important to me.
In which colors comes Mexican Fender Fat Strat?
I would like to have a 3-color sunburst, but I think they produce Mexicans in 2-color sunburst only, am I right?
Quote by Uncle Gibson
Oh yes I have one more question, it may sound stupid, but it's kinda important to me.
In which colors comes Mexican Fender Fat Strat?
I would like to have a 3-color sunburst, but I think they produce Mexicans in 2-color sunburst only, am I right?

I dunno about 3-color sunburst, but the common strat variants (mexi and american standards and fats, etc.) seem to come in more solid colors than most people can name, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows