I'm looking for a good rock band. I'm used to the classics so maybe something that sounds a bit like it.

Has to have little to no effects or can be playable with just an amp. No keyboards.

I didn't use the recommendations thread cause it's impossible for me to try out all of those bands in a day.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
There's no such thing
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
I know.

Anyways, anyone else give some pls?
Coming out March 2008

How about Wolfmother?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Almost everyone uses effects but Wolfmother would be a good one. They kinda have a Zep feel to them.
Thx. I'll try out those bands.

EDIT: Thanks for Wolfmother. Nice to hear some modern rock band that doesn't sound like the usual.
Coming out March 2008

Last edited by splat102 at Nov 15, 2007,
Queens Of The Stoneage don't overuse the effects. They have an awesome classic rock feel to them, as well as being modern. Get Songs For The Deaf album. Also Red Hot Chilis - Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (ain't very modern now I know) but that has very little effects on it and is an astonishing album. Other good ones include:

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Wolfmother - (Self Titled)
Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
Hellacopters, a very good modern rock band from Sweden with a classic rock feel to it, realyl good guitar stuffs and no overuse with effects. Really an underrated band!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Silvertide
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
The Answer- Led Zeppelin type band
First Foo Fighters album has little or no effects. Mainly just distortion.
It's gonna be a blue day
The Black Keys over all other recommendations in this thread.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID