HSS + ash body
17 50%
SSS + hot rails
9 26%
Pure SSS
8 24%
Voters: 34.
ok im pretty set on a stratocaster as of now,

but idk what to do!! im looking for something taht is very versatile. hence the idea of getting strat.

so i immediately that HSS, but you kno their is something about SSS strats that are appealing.

would it me more intelligent to get an HSS sienna sunburst (its an ash body) or a SSS (with alder body) and throw in a hot rails in the bridge?

or should i jsut keep the stock single coil?

im looking to play a lot of different genre's i usually play about 50% of blues-esque cleans, some alt cleans, 45% moderate distortion (like foo fighters/ok go distortion), and very rarely, HEAVY distortion

I kno this is rly a subjective question so thanks for putting up with me asking it
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
...Carvin BoltT HSS with coil splitting

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
HSS is better always man. More versatile.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by FacingUsAll
...Carvin BoltT HSS with coil splitting

AH!! DANG YOU!! YOUR EVERYWHERE!!!!!! DO YOU EVER LOG OFF??? but yea lol im still not getting one cause i have no way of trying it >:P

thanks for the assitance tho
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Everyone says HSS (me too) because its versatility. But it seems like there are some hidden voters out there for SSS.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
it all comes down to whether you like the sound of the single coil bridge or not. Personally, I'd rather have the humbucker in the neck (a la this tele ) as i can't do without the beefy-ness of that sound.

Hooray for personal opinions!!!
Quote by MasterWerk

Hooray for personal opinions!!!

lol yea, i kno, right now i think im goin with the hss cause it has the S-1 switching, which gives me more options for everything, and plus, i wouldnt rly use a single coil in the bridge cause i dont rly use the bridge too much unless i want distortion, and a humbucker just does that better
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
see, you didn't need us losers to help you make decisions! You just wanted to brag that you're getting a new guitar. :P
Quote by MasterWerk
see, you didn't need us losers to help you make decisions! You just wanted to brag that you're getting a new guitar. :P

no, lol i would post a thread saying that i was bragging about a new guitar

i mainly wanted to kno about hot rails

and the other questions were just for extra opinions. i found my answer like 4 hours after i made the thread when i was trying out guitars
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
...HSS...

If you play that music there's no question about it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
if ur gonna buy a strat buy the sss
when i play heavey i use my les paul or schecter c7 hellraiser
wheni want to play classic rock and clean and twangy stuff i use my start
I ordered a strat style with hot rails. I voted for that, I shouldn't have, I should have told you to go HSS cause it is in your best interest.
For you I would choose HSS.

I went with SSS personally - I love the bridge and middle together tone.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by EEF13
if ur gonna buy a strat buy the sss
when i play heavey i use my les paul or schecter c7 hellraiser
wheni want to play classic rock and clean and twangy stuff i use my start

Thats a bit close-minded, man. The HSS is a versatile strat too. Its not like you need to use the bridge pickup much anyway for blues.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison