When I play a bass note, theres a hissing/vibrating sound that comes from inside my amp. Its almost like its coming from the tubes? Do the tubes make noise when they are being driven hard?
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Might be that the stock valves vibrate, a lot of amps have Sovteks in and they have a problem that makes them vibrate :S
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
so something isnt right then huh.... its a valveking btw.
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Is the problem present when you play any bass note, or only certain ones? Something inside your amp can just respond to a certain frequency, and start to vibrate. When I play my low G then my PC starts to vibrate because the low G frequency is the same as it's natural vibration frequency. If you have the same problem, then it's no big deal.
Does the amp have springs on the power tube retainers? Could be those vibrating?
check for any looseness. also swap out those ****ty stock tubes. i put groovetubes in my valveking and its b.a. now
Gear nut
can i swap tubes without taking in to a tech? I'm short on cash, I'd rather not pay for it.
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Quote by zombiak
Is the problem present when you play any bass note, or only certain ones? Something inside your amp can just respond to a certain frequency, and start to vibrate. When I play my low G then my PC starts to vibrate because the low G frequency is the same as it's natural vibration frequency. If you have the same problem, then it's no big deal.

Exactly.
In theory, you can shatter a valve by playing a specific frequency (the valve's natural frequency) at a high volume.

Edit: But that's just in theory, I'm just talking nonsense probably
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
It doesn't happen, (or its not noticeable at higher frequencies), just for lower bass notes.
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
you could change tubes without taking it to a tech as long as it's the same type of tubes, otherwise it will need biasing. I'm not sure if this works with differnt brands of tubes or if it just has to be the same model (ex EL34). If you don't know what you are doing i would recommend you take it to a tech. About the hissing thing that happens to my old marshall sometimes and it's the springs that holds the tubes in place that sounds (like somebody above mentioned), but i don't know if the VK has those....
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix