So I've got a PC running with:
Nvidia GeForce 6150SE
1 GB RAM
250 GB HDD
Vista Home Premium
AMD Athalon 2x Dual-Core 3800+ (2.0GhZ) processor.

I plan on -eventually- upgrading to 2 GB RAM, but what video card should I get? I'd prefer Nvidia GeForce, since I'm already using one already. I've found some of the 8500GT video cards for like $80 on newegg.com and the 8800 for $650...
What do you guys think I should buy? I'd like to keep it cheap, like under $100.
If it helps, I play CS:S, some more source games, halo pc, and I want to get CoD4 soon... maybe doom3
Doom3 is ancient, it'll run great on what you've got now. I don't really recommend it tbh...

Go with the 8800 if you can afford it, otherwise your current set up should run COD4 perfectly once you upgrade your ram.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I jsut got a question.... I'm not updated about older cards so are you sure your moderboard supports PCI-Express? your current GPU seems by the name that it could be an AGP card....
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
you might want to check your current card and see if its AGP or PCEI, if its the latter you can get this card, if your not your stuck with the 7x series of nvidia cards

i would go with the 8800GTS 320MB, its what i use and its a pretty solid card, dont get teh 8500 series its underpowered for the games that will be out soon
PCI express has been the standard since long before you could buy 2ghz machines let alone 2ghz dual core.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Well, the only game on your list that's really going to stress a video card is CoD4. The ones you've listed aren't very demanding anymore. I am currently running an ATI HD 2600. It runs pretty much everything at full specs, minus games with DirectX 10; it can run DX10 games about about...medium - high.
But if you like shooters, and you are going to get the 8800, Crysis should be the first game you buy with the new card, it will show off the full power of the 8800.
That processor doesn't sound great. Most games now are getting to minimum requirements of at least 2.0GHz. Then again, I have little actual knowledge of how this all works.
Quote by Rankles
PCI express has been the standard since long before you could buy 2ghz machines let alone 2ghz dual core.

as far as i'm aware, it hasn't been around for quite that long. i had a Pentium 4 3.0GHz machine before i'd heard a word about PCI express.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

yea PCIE hasnt been out that long, compared to 2GHZ+ processors, that card you have might be an intergrated chip though, if it is...it might quite modern and have a PCEI slot, just look at the manaul if you have it
Quote by Rankles
Doom3 is ancient, it'll run great on what you've got now. I don't really recommend it tbh...

Go with the 8800 if you can afford it, otherwise your current set up should run COD4 perfectly once you upgrade your ram.

min specs for Cod4 says 6600 or higher
Does anyone know how to find out if I'm PCI express or whatever?
^ You can always download CPU-z, run it and then google your motherboard, but there's probably easier ways.

Also, check out: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html

I'm going to get the saphire radeon X1950 pro 512 mb ddr3, which was £120 or so. It seems to give a great FPS, and it's at a fairly low cost.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████