I need a hot bridge pup for my new strat. Problem is I am putting on a custom single coil pup cover, so it needs to fit under one, so no rails or minibuckers. A stacked humbucker would work, jus as long as it looks like a single coil from above. What are some of the hotter pups that would work for me?

Though it's a Strat, I mainly play hard and classic rock, even a little metal, so something that "could" do those sounds, even if it's not ideal, would work.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
what do you mean by a new cover btw? if it's a different coloured plastic bit, there's more to it than just swapping them with the old cover. If it goes right over the whole pickup as is, then a lace sensor pickup would work. I forget which is the hottest but its on the website
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I want gold colored pickups, which are very hard to find, so most likely will buy gold pickup covers. Thus I need pickups that will fit under standard single coil gold covers, ie open polls. Rails and minibuckers wont fit properlly, and I am not sure whats under a Lace pickup cover.

And I would need passive pickups.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
see a single coil with a white cover. if you pull that off you'll probably mess the wax potting up, and perhaps have to redo it, are you aware of that? if its something thats going to go over the original pup cover as well then that doesnt matter
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
The DiMarzio HS-3 might be a good option for you. It's a stacked humbucker, but looks like a traditional stagger-pole single coil.
Hi, I'm Peter