Page 1 of 2
Hey
In the toilets in my school we saw tiles with small holes in the centre of them so we decided to break one of them open. We found a small camera inside..... There's 8 of them spread across the toilets.

Just wondering if this is illegal because we're having a meeting with the principal about it tmrw
um..yes. its an invasion of privacy. unless it is outside of the bathroom or possibly looking at the sinks or something. then they might be able to get away with it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Lol...

It's worldwide media scandal illegal.

Does your principal know about this meeting and if so are the cameras his?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Were the cameras in the toilets themselves, or just in the bathrooms? I don't know about the legality of the whole issue, but I would think it's more likely to be illegal if they're in the toilets or in a place where they can easily see what's going on at the toilet.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Definitely illegal in the States, but I don't know about Ireland..I would assume so though
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
they are placed in a few places in the bathrooms....

Some of them are pointing at the urinals....so they can see someones back while they urinate.....

The principal knows about this meeting......

If it was legal then the camera's wouldn't have been hidden!!

So can he charge us for ripping 1 of the cameras out?
In the cubicles, or just in the actual room we all call the toilets....?

But then again, I wouldn't know.
Just be careful they don't try to do you in for vandalism (which they might if it is infact legal)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Yes it is, Chuck Berry.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Last edited by Child In Time at Nov 15, 2007,
Chuck Berry'll put you right about this.

EDIT: Oh, flaming genitalia of a three-legged pony. Beaten to it.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last edited by JamieB at Nov 15, 2007,
Its legal so long as they arent in the stalls or overlooking the urinals.

you're gonna get owned for damaging property though.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
When i went to school there were cameras, and im pretty sure the school has to warn you they are there.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Not necessarily...

We have cameras in our toilets at school. Not in the actual cubicles, but just outside so that you can see if people are skiving, or smoking or whatever.

Dob-Edit: ...Thinking about, why on earth would anybody want to skive off lessons in a toilet? lol...
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
You have a pedo in your school. You gonna get raped.

He's already been fapping at you finding the cameras he wanted you to see.
Theres some in our school,so nobody ever uses those toilets x) The head is probably jerkin it lol. The only reason they got installed was because a guy was selling bj's in there for £5 x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I would still say illegal because it's in the bathroom. I don't know, law's may differ in Ireland. I'm in the US and I know you can't do that stuff at least where I live.
Last edited by dutch5367 at Nov 15, 2007,
I don't think so headly.

But don't be surprised if you get done in for vandalism, and you can't even say it wasn't you they've got you on camera now!

edit: what is everyones problem with a camera in the toilets? if they can't see any part of you then whats the problem? Newsflash! When you're in a public area, people can see you!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by headly
the camera's aren't actually viewing the "**** area".

But they can see our backs...

still illegal??

If that's the case, I wouldn't think it would be, but that's just a guess.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I did some research and most places say it's either fully illegal but some UK news sites have reported it being used in schools.

Problem is that they under no circumstances can face the urinals or be in the cubicles. If that is true then they are in deep crap.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
We have one of those blacked out domes hanging out of our toilet ceiling, which swivels, which could allow the janitors to..well..you know..
Attachments:
Untitled-2.gif
Quote by OddOneOut

edit: what is everyones problem with a camera in the toilets? if they can't see any part of you then whats the problem? Newsflash! When you're in a public area, people can see you!

Intrusion of privacy might have something to do with it...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by OddOneOut

It's illegal in Ireland. I remember our old Principal telling us about it when we had them installed about 3 years ago.
They can't be placed in bathrooms, also, weirdly enough you can't put them in classrooms either, just hallways.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Even if there are cameras not in the toilets, don't you have to be made aware of them with signs and stuff? I dont really know, but i would say that doesn't sound like a good thing at all :/
Quote by OddOneOut
I don't think so headly.

But don't be surprised if you get done in for vandalism, and you can't even say it wasn't you they've got you on camera now!

I wasn't the one who broke it..... They have me on camera wathcing someone break it!

Gonna open a can of whoopass at the meeting tmrw

They also introdued a no loitering rule outside the school.....completely retarded!
Quote by CLVPX
We have one of those blacked out domes hanging out of our toilet ceiling, which swivels, which could allow the janitors to..well..you know..

*Juno* beat you to the whole pedobear thing.

Good try anyway.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Woah..news to me!

We have *clearly signposted* cameras in our toilets at school. The other day though i noticed the same dodgy-looking cameras in the CHANGING ROOMS. Pedophile p.e teachers or what?!!???!
make sure next time you use the bathroom, make your dump/piss as raunchy as possible for the camera.

but seriously that's weird, who's gonna monitor those things?
i say u get out of distance and aim real good onto them with ur piss and make em break
As I always say: "Rawr"
This has the makings of an epic thread. DON'T LET IT DIE.

Oh, and VERY illegal. Invasion of privacy.
Illegal everywhere and anywhere, any type of recording device,(esp visual) are prohibited inside washrooms around the world.

Except for china
hue
Page 1 of 2