So yeah, Confessor, the final of the 11 book Sword of Truth series finally came out and I finished it today, and I must say; It moved me. There would be too much to explain why, but it just contained so many feelings of goodness and ended on such a happy note that I couldn't stop myself from... coming on here and posting a question.

What books have truely moved you? Helped you with emotional issues? Made you cry? etc.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Miles Davis autobiography
Quote by Moggan13
*Kicks down door*
WHO SAID RAMBO 3!!???
A reference to the Beatles?

And Scar Tissue, when Hillel died.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
A reference to the Beatles?

certainly is
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

'The Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway. When his hands are completely destroyed after catching the fish, when the sharks eat his fish and when he's lying on the bed and the boy is crying, that book gets to me.

'Across the River and into the Trees', again by Hemingway. The main character is WWII veteran and he's haunted by one battle he fought where he lost a whole regiment. When he leaves his lover, knowing that he's going to die is sad.

'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov. That book made me feel filthy by reading it, but in a good way. Which is a strange thing in a book about paedophilia and murder.
Quote by SmarterChild
'The Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway. When his hands are completely destroyed after catching the fish, when the sharks eat his fish and when he's lying on the bed and the boy is crying, that book gets to me.

'Across the River and into the Trees', again by Hemingway. The main character is WWII veteran and he's haunted by one battle he fought where he lost a whole regiment. When he leaves his lover, knowing that he's going to die is sad.

'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov. That book made me feel filthy by reading it, but in a good way. Which is a strange thing in a book about paedophilia and murder.

Have you read For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway? I started it and never managed to finish it but wanted to know if it's any good.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Quote by Lacquer_Head
Have you read For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway? I started it and never managed to finish it but wanted to know if it's any good.

Yes, I've read it. It's very good, if a little slow in places. You should definetly read it all the way through, the second half of it is brilliant, especially the ending.
On the Road and The Dharma Bums-both by Jack Kerouac.
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man-James Joyce

Heart of Darkness makes you hate humans.... kinda.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by denizenz
The Bible

If the Bible made you feel good then you are one strange man. When I was a Christian I tried reading the Bible and got upto the bit where two girls get their father drunk and have sex with him. That was having already read about murders, rapes and godly wrath.
alot of the Orson Scott Card books
the Ender series for one....
or
the Memory of Earth series....
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Grundy0
If the Bible made you feel good then you are one strange man. When I was a Christian I tried reading the Bible and got upto the bit where two girls get their father drunk and have sex with him. That was having already read about murders, rapes and godly wrath.

You're just doing it wrong.
Dark Tower series. Ender's series and the Bean series too.
Quote by denizenz
You're just doing it wrong.

What starting at the beggining is wrong now! Oh yea you're supposed to cherry pick the good bits out of the Bible and act as if the other bits don't exist. Stupid me
of mice and men! awesome book
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by Grundy0
What starting at the beggining is wrong now! Oh yea you're supposed to cherry pick the good bits out of the Bible and act as if the other bits don't exist. Stupid me

No, you're not supposed to read it from the vantage point that everything applies to us in the modern age. I'm not getting into it here, but the Old Testament was written to the Israelites in a specific time period. Also, the purpose isn't necessarily to make you feel good all throughout...it's a history book. If you want to feel good, read the Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, or much of the old testament.
Quote by denizenz
No, you're not supposed to read it from the vantage point that everything applies to us in the modern age. I'm not getting into it here, but the Old Testament was written to the Israelites in a specific time period. Also, the purpose isn't necessarily to make you feel good all throughout...it's a history book. If you want to feel good, read the Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, or much of the old testament.

"The law of the Lord is perfect"- Psalms 19:7

If the law of the Lord is perfect then we have no need to change it.
^ And it wasn't. What was unlawful or sinful before Christ's coming remains so to this day. I think you and I have actually had this discussion before in the Religion Thread. Christ fulfilled the law...he didn't change it. Rituals and methods for atonement changed because of His crucification.
Quote by denizenz
^ And it wasn't. What was unlawful or sinful before Christ's coming remains so to this day. I think you and I have actually had this discussion before in the Religion Thread. Christ fulfilled the law...he didn't change it. Rituals and methods for atonement changed because of His crucification.

You are infuriatingly able to awnser everything, do you know that?
Quote by Grundy0
You are infuriatingly able to awnser everything, do you know that?

So I've been told. Most people don't actually concede their position so for that I thank you.

And I'd sig that if I wasn't doing the non quote sig thing at the moment.