I have recently read an article saying that they strongly recommend running no fx loop, right now im running mine but what would the advantages be of not running or or dissadvantages?

Also with my Big Muff pi i use my Ibanez ts9 tube screamer to boost up the tone a little, also its sounds alot better using both, but if im not holding a note or sustainging a note i get a mad amount of unwanted noise. this is only while running the big muff and ts9 together, is there any way to get rid of this, loop pedal or somthing?

If it helps im running a vox AC30.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
What article was it? I run mine with no problems or tone loss.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
either do i, but im just wondering, i read it on gilmourish.com
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
You usually dont want distortion, compressors, boosters, tube screamers in the effects loop. You want those between the guitar and amp input. Could be why your getting alot noise. Some effects loops arent set up for stomp boxes they use line level with is for rack mount stuff. Depends on the amp. Stomp boxes are used to dealing with much lower levels of current. And they boost anything that comes thru em. Take a really big line level signal and boost it, get alot of noise.
I have only my effects in my effect loop, so thats not the reason, I might try and get some better cables, see what that does, i hear using quiality cables is like night and day.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi