hey,

what do i need to listen to my tube-amp (Engl fireball) through headphones?

mfg
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
o.o

Some kind of power attenuator maybe? Unsure. Generally you don't use tube amps through headphones... that's the reason why modelers sell.
You usually need a dedicated output. It really depends on the amp. To use headphones with my Boogie, I pull out the master volume, killing the signal through the power amp, and then using the direct recording out jack for my headphones.
Hi, I'm Peter
isnt there an equipment which can handle this?
my gear:

@beckyjc: well i wasnt planning on doing this

btw i have a mixer...
my gear:

But you'd have to mic the amp anyway... Which im guessing you want to cut the sound from your amp and put it through some headphones. Which wouldn't really work if you wanted to run it through a mixer...
yea your right...so the only possible way to mic my amp is to buy an attenuato..m i right?
my gear:

The Royal 8 has a headphone jack, one of the reasons I'm considering it. But a little messier than a Spider. (Demonizer + Delay/Reverb + Royal 8 + headphones).
well that doesnt help

anyone knows good and cheap attenuators?
my gear:

Don't get a cheap attenuator! You may as well spend a bit of extra money and get a decent one in the first place. Will save you having to spend more money on another attenuator to replace the cheaper one later on in life.
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Don't get a cheap attenuator! You may as well spend a bit of extra money and get a decent one in the first place. Will save you having to spend more money on another attenuator to replace the cheaper one later on in life.

Webers are among the cheapest but also the best...

Does your Engl have a line out?

Then you could get a cab sim and plug it into a mixer and use headphones...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Attenuator (use a Weber) into a cab simulator DI (behringer has one, H&K redbox, etc) into your mixer into headphones.
That's assuming you don't have a line out, which would make things easier, but I'd hope you would have figured that out by now.
I'm not sure if it's the same for every amp, but when I sometimes use the Line Out on my Legacy for recording (which then goes into a cab simulator) you still hear the sound through the speakers. I'm assuming you want to be able to crank the amp, use headphones, and have no sound coming from the cab?
Well what he could do is to use the line out and pull down the volume on the amp itself...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

well the fireball dont has a line out
my gear:

Quote by Guitarmiester
What do you mean by pull down the volume on the amp?

Well in some amps the gain control also affects the volume, since it's straight from the preamp. So while you pull down the master to 0 you still get volume from the line out.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band