Just got this off Ebay (dont laugh) plays really nice trem stays in tune and im really pleased with but never heard of the make b4 anyone know anything about them.
model number is YR660-ARS had a look on the net but can't find any info.
Attachments:
138c_12.jpg
1654_12.jpg
1f13_12.jpg
Last edited by macca1969 at Nov 15, 2007,
Ah, nice guitar. I haven't heard too much about Samicks but I've seen quite a few around the world. A Korean brand I think, most of their guitars are Les Paul/Strat/SG styled, but they have some unique twists to some of the guitars.
Ermmmm, I've seen a load of their guitars in Saudi Arabia, and they do some pretty nice acoustics too. I was 5 minutes late from buying one in a store

Congrats though
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
i used to have a samick les paul, plays really nice and sounds really nice apart form the glossy neck, ewwww
anyway congrats
(not sure as to which model though, maybe discontinued?)
I have an LP Samick, horrible pickups, nice guitars though, really cheap and worth teh price.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I picked up the Sammick "Greg Bennet" Malibu brand new on sale for $100.00. it is actually pretty decent for the $. The body is real wood and the neck is very nice to the touch. The only flaws are the bridge p/u is not powerful enough to make a solo stand out and I had to file down the edges of every fret on both sides of the neck which really wasn't too bad as I was expecting to have to replace all the electronics.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Samick is in fact one of the largest guitar manufacturers. It produces pianos as well. It's main focus is on the production of other brands of guitars such as washburn and Epiphone (I think)

It has two factories. One in indonesia and one in korea. Where's yours made?

I think your guitar is before 2000. Greg Bennet is the new name for samick after 2000 or 2001, not too sure which.

They are great guitars for the price.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I think ARS stands for Artist Series. If so, then it is an excellent piece of instrument. How much did you pay for?

BTW, the wood looks like mahogany to me.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I currently own a Greg Bennett Royale (signed by Greg himself) and a D-1 acoustic. For what they cost, they're amazingly nice guitars.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."