Right, I need a bit of a hand trying to pick out a new guitar.

i've got about upto £1000 to spend, i play a pretty effects heavy progressive style,
so i could get away with any combination of pickup types (i can always put in new pickups)

heres the thing that'll stop hundreds of different suggestions... i'm a lefty

pretty much the only guitar i've seen that stands out in this range is the ibanez RG1570L

but surely there's more, isn't there?
what about looking in a online store for some guitars that look good to you and inform yourself a bit before asking questions that thousands of people posed before you?

thank you
Quote by IndieMetalhead
a berard? is that like an iraqi tumor?

1000Euros is alot odf $'s/ You have many many options, pick what you like, and youvwe got the cash guarantee it.
Quote by dewdadrew
1000Euros is alot odf $'s/ You have many many options, pick what you like, and youvwe got the cash guarantee it.

not as many as you'd think, especially when it comes to just walking into a store and just trying some guitars out

kinda the point of this thread is to find out what guitars are worth the time needed to hunt them down and try them.
There's got to be some left handed guitarists around here somewhere...
thats a lot of money. Look at ESP's, Jacksons, Ibanez, Schecters, maybe even Edwards....mmm check out the E-CY-165CTM...probably the nicest guitar out there. Maybe Caparison, Gibson.

To get a Caparison or an Edwards you would have to look at ordering and you won't be able to try them out but they're supposed to be AMAZING. http://proxy.f3.ymdb.yahoofs.jp/users/4617a324_141b0/bc/3068/__hr_/2e6d.jpg?bc0CdaHBq53NO.u_ = god
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
^ Any LH models of those that you know of? cant really find any
eh, if you play heavy effects, do u want a guitar that has a very unique sound?? check and see if they have some jaguar lefties, look at some tele's or strats
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Go with the RG1570, it's an awseome guitar, you wont regreat it And you can buy a better amp (if yours is bad) with the left money
I know some of Jackson's top guitars are available in left handed versions...
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by dewdadrew

That's a pound sign, buddy

As a lefty you're pretty much screwed. Quite a few companies have left handed models, but even if you find a style you're like, lefty-models are more expensive. Why, I do not know - you'd think they'd just have to reverse the template and hardware. Not exactly a two or three hundred dollar job.

You could always get a right SG and play it lefty, or mod it to play lefty.

Also, Carvin does left handed models for no extra charge.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
There are also some left handed Agile models. And those are already really cheap as it is... so a left handed model shouldnt be too much more, if any more at all. You can't really go try one out, but I've heard nothing but good about Agiles, especially the 2500 series and up.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Slaiv

Also, Carvin does left handed models for no extra charge.

I was looking at some Carvins, anyone know where i could inquire about them in the UK?
Quote by Bowe
Right, I need a bit of a hand trying to pick out a new guitar.

i've got about upto £1000 to spend, i play a pretty effects heavy progressive style,
so i could get away with any combination of pickup types (i can always put in new pickups)

heres the thing that'll stop hundreds of different suggestions... i'm a lefty

pretty much the only guitar i've seen that stands out in this range is the ibanez RG1570L

but surely there's more, isn't there?

schecter c-1 hellraiser FR comes in a left, used caparison or the guiar youve already suggested with a p-up swap.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.