Anyone have this channel? I have DirectTV and I always see it on the channel guide, but I dont get it (guess its a premium channel?).

Anyway, they play lots of music-related programs. So many times I've flipped through the channel guide to see some great stuff, only to be disappointed that I cant watch. I've seen them play concerts by Clapton, BB King, and John Lee Hooker. They also have a show called Jazz Heroes, which they profile legendary players like Wes Montgomery and Django Reinhart. And recently they've been airing a multi-episode history of the Blues. (again, I only know this from the channel guide descriptions... not from actually watching the shows)

It drives me nuts to not be able to watch them (especially when there isnt anything else on... which is always). So does anyone actually get this channel? Is it worth me upgrading my DirectTV package for?
I got it recently. It's pretty good. There's lots of stuff about visual art and theater and other sorts of things that I personally don't find very interesting, but I've seen a Johnny Cash movie and a few episodes of the Jazz Heroes show, so I can say that it's had a few gems.
That sounds like a really good channel I wish I had that. If I could, I would order it.

Also, I like your Hendrix tat
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by opivy21
I got it recently. It's pretty good. There's lots of stuff about visual art and theater and other sorts of things that I personally don't find very interesting, but I've seen a Johnny Cash movie and a few episodes of the Jazz Heroes show, so I can say that it's had a few gems.

You talking about Cash's Live @ San Quentin concert? I love that. They've been playing it on CMT lately (the only time I'll ever watch CMT.. ) So is that Jazz Heroes show any good? I'm seriously think about upgrading to the premium channels now. For an extra $10/month I'll get Ovation, VH1 Classic, BET Jazz, Boom, NickToons (ren & stimpy! ), and a bunch more

Quote by Dimebag22
Also, I like your Hendrix tat

Thank you. It's getting finished on Dec. 18 and I will post more pictures then. That is, if I dont rip it off before then. Because my arm hair is growing back now and its itching like CRAZY!
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
You talking about Cash's Live @ San Quentin concert? I love that. They've been playing it on CMT lately (the only time I'll ever watch CMT.. ) So is that Jazz Heroes show any good? I'm seriously think about upgrading to the premium channels now. For an extra $10/month I'll get Ovation, VH1 Classic, BET Jazz, Boom, NickToons (ren & stimpy! ), and a bunch more

They've shown the San Quentin concert before, but the movie I was talking about was just a lot of random footage of him. It had clips from concerts, interviews, etc. There were lots of cool moments.

I've only seen about two episodes of the Jazz Masters show, but they did Thelonious Monk and Wes Montgomery and they had some very nice performance footage.