im looking for a good guitar amp for playing punk, pop-punk and just general rock(modern and classic). the top end of my budget is probably $400, and im looking for something loud enough to jam with a bass and drummer. thanks everyone
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
I'm glad you didn't ask for a tube amp, I'm tired of hearing people saying they want a loud, tube amp for $300. Anyway, check out the Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
I'm glad you didn't ask for a tube amp, I'm tired of hearing people saying they want a loud, tube amp for $300. Anyway, check out the Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack

One, that amp sucks. Secondly, you DON'T need a stack, third what do you have against tube amps?

Threadstarter a Peavey Valveking should work
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
line 6 amps are nice for punk, and they're really versatile.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Tube- look used.
SS- look new, many agood SS is under 400.
Peavey Valve king is a good tube for 350 or so used.
Quote by handlerb

WTF dude?! you say a tube amp gnna cut it at $300 and reccomend the guy a cratge half stack?! what are you on?! look at the crate palomino (sp?) series, i think on of them would be in your price range, you should only need 15 watts for jamming.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Im saying you will never find a good tube amp for 300... even used. A decent head, even combo amp will cost at least 700. My advice would be dont waste your money on any amp that isnt exactly what you want. A marshall tube stack is about 2000, and thats where good rock amps start.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb

oh just get out of here!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by handlerb
Im saying you will never find a good tube amp for 300... even used. A decent head, even combo amp will cost at least 700. My advice would be dont waste your money on any amp that isnt exactly what you want. A marshall tube stack is about 2000, and thats where good rock amps start.

if you waste your money on any new marshall then you are a lost cause... there are plenty of better cheaper amps that will cut thorugh just as well as a marshall stack for far less money...

ie orange, vox, peavy, engl (depends which model), mesa, etc... dont be an ignorant prick because most guitarists dont have that budget first of all, and the ones who do usually do a little more research than you aparently did.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158