This is my second such thread in which i am going to ask for your advice on purchasing a new guitar. I'm always changing/upgrading guitars and this Christmas it is time to start guitar shopping again (what a shame ).

I currently have An epiphone Les Paul Special 2, a Fake les Paul, and a yamaha pacifica 612v (not really happy with it at the mo). I play through a VoxAd30vt and have a Harley Benton GA5 on order.

I play lots of rock, bit of heavy rock occasionally, but i like playing clean and play blues, funk and jazz in a band.

My budget is around £300

I would really like a proper Fender Telecaster or Stratocaster but they are just out of what i'm prepared to stretch too. I'm Easy going and prepared to accept all suggestions. Would like something with a whammy or a floyd but not too bothered.

Thankyou Very Much
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Isn't £300 enough for a mexico fender? I don't know what they cost in the UK but in Sweden that's enough money...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
with that price range i really dont think you could get an upgrade or guitar with a floyd rose. however, ibanez i know makes some good 300 guitars but that may be too metal for your taste. squiers are basically downgrades so hm....i dont really know unless you got a cheaper stratocaster.
myspace.com/crystalignition
Im suprised X50pro is yet to be mentioned. Where's the ding in everyone's head!!!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I see its not just me who is struggling to find a guitar!

Edit: I'm an idiot, just missed the whole page of Fender Strats under £300

And Telecasters

I would still like some suggestions. I've had very little contact with most other brands of guitar so ibanez, jackson etc are pretty new teritory to me.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by dewdadrew
Standard Teles and Strats are 300$ here in the old US of A

Yeah, don't rub it in.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
This is my second such thread in which i am going to ask for your advice on purchasing a new guitar. I'm always changing/upgrading guitars and this Christmas it is time to start guitar shopping again (what a shame ).

I currently have An epiphone Les Paul Special 2, a Fake les Paul, and a yamaha pacifica 612v (not really happy with it at the mo). I play through a VoxAd30vt and have a Harley Benton GA5 on order.

I play lots of rock, bit of heavy rock occasionally, but i like playing clean and play blues, funk and jazz in a band.

My budget is around £300

I would really like a proper Fender Telecaster or Stratocaster but they are just out of what i'm prepared to stretch too. I'm Easy going and prepared to accept all suggestions. Would like something with a whammy or a floyd but not too bothered.

Thankyou Very Much

£300 well, ...if you wait or squeeze another £200 in that budget you will get a good guitar. but when your not a beginner and youve been playing guitar like 2-4 years £300 is not going to satisfy your sexual guitar desires.
^ you can get nice £300 guitars if you know what you're doing... though granted you won't have as much choice.

I'd go with the washburn x50 pro, or maybe a blade (blade teles and strats are more like £350).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DieKrupps
£300 well, ...if you wait or squeeze another £200 in that budget you will get a good guitar. but when your not a beginner and youve been playing guitar like 2-4 years £300 is not going to satisfy your sexual guitar desires.

I really Should up the budget, but to be honest i am no the greatest of player and would just like a good guitar as a base. And as for sexual desires about guitars, thats a whole different issue.

Quote by Dave_MC
^ you can get nice £300 guitars if you know what you're doing... though granted you won't have as much choice.

I'd go with the washburn x50 pro, or maybe a blade (blade teles and strats are more like £350).

Have looked at the washburn x50 pro and as stunning as it looks i'm not after a humbucker based guitar ,Maybe one in the bridge, but i would like some good single coils for a wee bit of tone!

The Blade Strats and tele's look nice but would they be worth it as opposed to an actuall fender strat or tele?

Thanks
Mad

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
if you ask me they're nicer than the MIM's (granted they're slightly dearer, but not much), and more versatile (they have a preamp which you can turn on which is like having a booster in your guitar- nice touch, as you can bypass it if you don't want it). though I haven't tried them head to head, to be fair. But yeah, i think they're nicer than MIM standards.

best if you can try them, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you ask me they're nicer than the MIM's (granted they're slightly dearer, but not much), and more versatile (they have a preamp which you can turn on which is like having a booster in your guitar- nice touch, as you can bypass it if you don't want it). though I haven't tried them head to head, to be fair. But yeah, i think they're nicer than MIM standards.

best if you can try them, of course.

Thats the problem my local guitar store only stocks:

Fender
Squire
Gibson
Epiphone
Ibanez (limited amounts of)
Jackson
Yamaha

and thats it, kind of limits my buying potential!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
fender is probably your best bet for single coils, then.

What's wrong with your yamaha?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Madsalty
Thats the problem my local guitar store only stocks:

Fender
Squire
Gibson
Epiphone
Ibanez (limited amounts of)
Jackson
Yamaha

and thats it, kind of limits my buying potential!

How would that limit anything?
the fact it doesn't stock every guitar brand in the world?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
At least it has those brands, the local shop here just has Dean & Ibanez and that's it oh and Excel, WOO
Quote by Entendu
How would that limit anything?

I was referring back to the suggestions of both p.stick (washburn x50) and Dave_MC (Blade strat/tele) in which i couldn't try either of those making my decision considerably more difficult.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
^ yeah, that's kinda what i meant too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78

I agree, the washburn doesn't look like its much of a strat!

Secondly, i have absolutely no experience/contact with a tokai! As good as i'm sure they are i would like to try the guitar before i buy as i would like to call myself a bit of a tone fanatic.

Thanks anyway!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
MIJ tokais are nice.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the heads up

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
i would guess that one is very much a "vintage" strat, though- i.e. 21 frets, vintage 7.25" radius, etc. if you prefer a more modern-feeling strat, it's probably not for you.

Also, £350 buy it now sounds quite steep- i've seen second hand tokai strats and teles here for more like £250 (and that's in guitar shops!)... though northern ireland might be slightly cheaper as there isn't as much demand, you never know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i would guess that one is very much a "vintage" strat, though- i.e. 21 frets, vintage 7.25" radius, etc. if you prefer a more modern-feeling strat, it's probably not for you.

Also, £350 buy it now sounds quite steep- i've seen second hand tokai strats and teles here for more like £250 (and that's in guitar shops!)... though northern ireland might be slightly cheaper as there isn't as much demand, you never know.

I am one for a modern feeling neck and setup and £350 seemed a little steep to me as i had a look around and they are at most £300. Idealy vintage tone and modern feel!! but isn't that what most people are after?

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
^ depends, but yeah. I actually don't mind vintage feel. EDIT: it's the 21 frets that'd bug me. problem is, 22 moves the neck pickup slightly (i think), so that could feasibly affect the tone of the neck pickup...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ depends, but yeah. I actually don't mind vintage feel. EDIT: it's the 21 frets that'd bug me. problem is, 22 moves the neck pickup slightly (i think), so that could feasibly affect the tone of the neck pickup...

I Like vintage feel tele's but vintage strats my hands never seem to seat/feel comfortable if that makes sense?

Really? Thats why i like to try guitars because positional changes with both the neck and pickups do alter things and if one assumes there is no difference it can lead to dissapointment!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
possibly. i'm not sure how much of a change there is with the neck pickup on a strat. i know that with, say, a les paul with 22 frets versus 24 there's a noticeable difference, but that neck pickup is tight against the neck, so obviously it's in a different place. The strat one's not right next to the neck, so it mightn't be moved just as much. No idea.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha, I've fooled you all! I've bought an acoustic!!

Erm, well this is how the story goes...

As you well know i wanted to buy an electric guitar, however i was enquiring as to suggestions, When a friend said a friend was selling a guitar. Dubious as i was i did some more enquiring and found it to be an:

Tanglewood TW145-SC

I wasn't really looking for another Acoustic however when i saw that it was brand new and because of unfortunate circumstances he only wanted £100 (including hard case). I bought it as i do believe it would have been stupid not to. Plus i absolutely love the guitar, good tone but more importantly because of its super-folk form factor i'm comfotable playing it.

Just Though i'd let you know!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
haha sweet!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?