So, for my english ISP I had to choose a book with a social justice theme. The theme in my book was racism/inner-city violence/gang violence. For our final presentation we have to show a clip from a movie that contains the same social justice issue. I am no movie buff and I need some help finding a movie that contains issues about racism and/or inner-city violence. Any suggestions are apprecited. Thanks in advance.
bronx tale?
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
This Is England
Romper Stomper
American History X
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Muenster
That KKK scene from 'O Brother Where Art Thou'?

I was like ten the first time I saw that... I didn't know what it was... it freaked me out
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by schecter_guy
"boyz in the hood" or "do the right thing"

truth.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
romper stomper comes to mind.

and menace II society. BNTH is probably better though. with menace, it's a far superior movie, but you would have to watch the entire thing. there's no specific clips that i can really think of off the top of my head. except the one where he's teaching the little kid how to hold a gun. that one's pretty disturbing and funny.

the last scene from boyz n the hood where ice cube gives his criticism of the media.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RorHV1l7AgE

or this one where fishburne talks about how violence and gangs are propogated in black america:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wB5c49efvUc
#DTWD