Is there any difference to the sounds of these two basses?
here
and here

It would just depend on which body/neck you like better right? The pickups seem the same.
thanks
Ahh, but there are little differences in wood (maple top for example) which does have an effect on tone. Pickups aren't the only part which matter.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm gonna say get the Precision just to be different, and it comes in that cool transparent purple color.
GAS List:
Nothing
There aren't many tonal differences other than the ones listed above. That said, one of the main reasons for making the Classic Precision was to appeal to the crowd who liked how the Aerodyne worked but thought it looked a bit too out there.

The tone's going to be very similar across the board, but it all boils down to this - do you want a 1.625" nut width, or a 1.5" nut width?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Personally it's a toss up for me. The P has the thicker neck, has different woods used, and frankly looks nicer.... BUT the J has the thin neck (which I personally love), different woods, and is a little bit cheaper.
I really love the feel of this model P and will be getting one some day when I have money again. But they do feel pretty different and you can't judge between these without playing them.
Well if you like to have a little easier reach, then go with the J. If you want a tad thicker neck (I don't know why with the same amount of strings on it) then go with the p. Like I said, if they both have the same amount of strings, I don't see why you would want a thicker neck. Slapping maybe?
Quote by FbSa
Well if you like to have a little easier reach, then go with the J. If you want a tad thicker neck (I don't know why with the same amount of strings on it) then go with the p. Like I said, if they both have the same amount of strings, I don't see why you would want a thicker neck. Slapping maybe?

All preference. Like how people either love or hate Warwick necks. A thick neck just feels more natural than a crazy thin neck (ala Geddy Jazz Bass)
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by FbSa

Because the string spacing is too tight for a lot of people. The 1.75" nut width on a late-50's P is too much, but I think the 1.625" nut width is the best overall. It's nice to have a neck that feels like there's some substance to it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..