Just wondering if this is a decent car for the price, and does anyone know how much a cyulinder head cost?:
1994 Honda Prelude SI Coupe

for $2,200

The 164,278 miles are mostly highway miles. Sole reason for selling this wonderful car is it needs the cylinder head replaced. I unfortunately don't have the time or money to repair it. I originally bought this car over six years ago in California and this has been the only major problem. Replacing the cylinder head isn't an easy task but can be done by a knowledgeable person or expert. However, it does have many features and aftermarket parts as listed. Power windows & doors, ice cold a/c, power sunroof, 17 inch Konig rims w/ Kumho tires, professionally tinted windows, lowered 2 inchs w/ Eibach springs & KYB ride adjustable struts, AEM Cold air intake & fuel rail, DC Sports header, Maxspeed muffler, DC Sports shift knob, black & gray stock interior in mint condition, nice red paint w/ minor peeling on hood. Has little to no rust on it since it was driven mostly in the Cal. dessert. The asking price is based on the car as a whole and all the aftermarket parts already installed. This price is fairly cheap even though the car needs work consider a stock Prelude the same year would cost around $4,300 I'll accept cash, money order, and cashier checks as payment from potential buyers. Also selling brand new Exel "Race" black 5 spoke rims for a Prelude the same year but separately for $400.00 Please leave a message when calling if no answer and I'll contact you soon as possible. Thanks. -Dave
\

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=229909845&dealer_id=61063369&car_year=1994&num_records=100&systime=1195076380656&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&engine=&keywordsrep=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=29483&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=3000&cardist=10&superSpotlight=
I havce no idea, but it's a nice looking car.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
If you put a big muffler tip on that thing, I will f*ckin blow it up.

Other than that, it's not too bad.

....oh and don't try to go 140 mph. It wont make it.
i wouldnt buy it... its modded.... generally with a car like that you dont know the quality of the modifications.... and the kind of use its last owner gave to it (i.e streetracing or stuff like that)... so cars like this look like a nice buy... but could set you back a lot in future trips to the mechanic

edit: replacing a cylinder head isnt cheap... btw... im talking about a couple of hundreds in man-hours mostly... (if you can DIY then great)
Last edited by just17n8 at Nov 15, 2007,
I'll buy that car if you dont...
"If you have control over your mind, you can do anything"
-Jason Becker
It looks nice. I'd see how he knows it's definitely the cylinder head, and then call around to see what kind of price shops will quote you. Parts and labor, you could be looking at around $1,000, especially on a Honda.
Hi, I'm Peter
look at this, 2k for a honda

**** this world, that car here in brasil is like 15k ¬¬

i would check the mods, if its some quality, take it to someone that knows about engines, see if its not damaged due to street racing
then buy it, for 2k i wouldnt even check that stuff ¬¬
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Dont. A guy who really knows what hes doing with all those parts could have the cyl. head replaced no prob. Plus high mileage + high performance parts is just asking for trouble. You have no idea when those were installed.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death
Dont. A guy who really knows what hes doing with all those parts could have the cyl. head replaced no prob. Plus high mileage + high performance parts is just asking for trouble. You have no idea when those were installed.

yeah, but this was the best car i could find for my 2500 and under price range, ill probably be spending more on parts
Before you buy it, if you can, get it checked out by a mechanic to see what's the damage and the replacement cost of not only the cylinder head but also there might be other stuff (Old sparkplus, gaskets, leaky lines, etc.) but it looks pretty clean but it definetely looks like a race car (street) so I'd watch out, it seems pretty nice, also try to talk the guy down on the price, like tell him you'll give him 2k on the spot or something, you'll figure it out.
Quote by metalhead2061
yeah, but this was the best car i could find for my 2500 and under price range, ill probably be spending more on parts

Yeah, a lot more on parts once you find out that 100,000 of those miles already had the AEM stuff on there, and they were freeway miles... at 100 MPH. Im just the kinda guy who knows (and has seen) how ****ty those installs can get. I only remember seeing two hondas out of 50 or so with mods to them were done right, and one was done by my friend. And you know that all of those cars were driven HARD. If it was me, i wouldnt trust their work. But i prefer to do upgrades myself.

And for your $2500, does that include the cylinder head? Unless you do it yourself, theres and easy $500 in WORK. not parts.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death
Yeah, a lot more on parts once you find out that 100,000 of those miles already had the AEM stuff on there, and they were freeway miles... at 100 MPH. Im just the kinda guy who knows (and has seen) how ****ty those installs can get. I only remember seeing two hondas out of 50 or so with mods to them were done right, and one was done by my friend. And you know that all of those cars were driven HARD. If it was me, i wouldnt trust their work. But i prefer to do upgrades myself.

And for your $2500, does that include the cylinder head? Unless you do it yourself, theres and easy $500 in WORK. not parts.

no my christmas wishlist is 2500 overall, im only 15, and this will be my first car