Page 1 of 4
Another reason why the extremists need to be wiped off the face of the Earth...

This is beyond disgusting. And the fact that it happened in a relatively stable and wealthy country just makes it more pathetic. I hope to the people who made these laws die die a painful death. And I'm not exaggerating. Goddamn Saudi Arabia.

Thoughts?

EDITED FOR CLARITY: The woman was jailed for being in a car of an unrelated man when she was being raped.
Last edited by Mr. President at Nov 15, 2007,
jesus
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Arseholes.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Frenchy, did you change the title???

I swear it didn't have that bit on the end before.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that happens over there. The legal system in the Middle East isn't the same as the legal system here.
wow, has anything good EVER come from that part of the world?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

Nope, nobody's touched it

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
She wasn't jailed for being raped. Stop believing twisted words just so everyone can discuss a huge controversy.

I'm not saying she should be jailed, it's appalling, but it wasn't for the rape. So stop it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Demonikk
Pwned.

Lol.

You're not funny.

Quote by FrenchyFungus
Nope, nobody's touched it

Oh, I must be going blind then.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I read this guy's account from when he lived in Saudi Arabia... one of the most screwed up places I can think of.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by Cpt.Jackass

I noticed that too
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
With growing American influences in The Middle East do you think things like this would ever change?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
"The victim's lawyer was suspended from the case, has had his licence to work confiscated, and faces a disciplinary session."

Disciplinary session, HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmm... I wonder what THAT means!!
We're only strays.
She was not jailed for being raped. She was jailed because she was in the car of a man who was not related to her. Is it stupid and disgusting? Yes absolutely, but not nearly as stupid and disgusting as it would be if she was jailed for being raped.
Quote by icronic
She was not jailed for being raped. She was jailed because she was in the car of a man who was not related to her. Is it stupid and disgusting? Yes absolutely, but not nearly as stupid and disgusting as it would be if she was jailed for being raped.

Who said she was jailed for being raped?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

I changed it.

I had no idea it was like this in SA, I would expect it in someplace like Sudan or Congo. THey actually whipped her BEFORE the jail time.
Quote by icronic

QFT. The rapists themselves were also jailed. It is of course, still terrible.
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
She wasn't jailed for being raped. Stop believing twisted words just so everyone can discuss a huge controversy.

I'm not saying she should be jailed, it's appalling, but it wasn't for the rape. So stop it.

Yeah, I wonder if the people leaving comments actually clicked the link and read past the title of article. Very misleading.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by icronic

I believe it was presumed she was in the car because they raped her there, its unlikely she picked some random car and got in it, and then people just showed up and raped her. So in a way, she is being jailed for getting raped.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Who said she was jailed for being raped?

Explicitly, the thread starter.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
Explicitly, the thread starter.

Oh I see...

/feels stupid

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, it's terrible.

But, "goddamn Saudi Arabia", nothing good can come out of Saudi Arabia?

Next time someone talks about, say, Americans being fat and stupid, and someone brings up the word "generalization" (along with the inevitable insults), I will happily direct them to this thread.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Yeah, it's terrible.

But, "goddamn Saudi Arabia", nothing good can come out of Saudi Arabia?

Next time someone talks about, say, Americans being fat and stupid, and someone brings up the word "generalization" (along with the inevitable insults), I will happily direct them to this thread.

I knew somebody would say that...

It's that countries laws, that countries responsibility. The article does not explicitly say exactly who made the laws.
Quote by Mr. President
I knew somebody would say that...

It's that countries laws, that countries responsibility. The article does not explicitly say exactly who made the laws.

Probably arab terrorists.

Wait, did I just say "arab terrorists"? That's redundant nowadays, isn't it?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by FireandFlames
Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that happens over there. The legal system in the Middle East isn't the same as the legal system here.

yeah it works differently

Quote by Article
The rapists also had their prison terms doubled.

the rapists didn't get away with it

EDIT on re-reading the article she wasn't jailed for being raped but rather on a different offense

Quote by Article
punished for violating Saudi Arabia's laws on segregation that forbid unrelated men and women from associating with each other. She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man.

The article isn't very clear it says she was in another mans car at the time of the attack, but I'm not sure whether the article means she was jailed for being the victim of a rape or being in that unrelated mans car in the first place
Last edited by Rocking-Rob at Nov 15, 2007,
Quote by Mr. President
a relatively stable and wealthy country just makes it more pathetic. ... Saudi Arabia.
See, here's your problem - it's news to you that Saudi Arabia is dump?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Well there is a definite cultural difference, and this just proves that further than what I already knew. We have to consider that there are differences based on an area's history.

THAT BEING SAID, I do not support this AT ALL. I am infuriated that a woman would be punished for having been the victim of such a scarring crime. It is terrible to see that this is the treatment that some people get in this world.

By the majority of people's standards, this is wrong, and I feel it is simply horrific. Yes, there are cultural differences, yet there is also such a thing as human decency, and no matter what your background is, we live in a modern world and, as such, we as a species need to be able to move forward in the equal treatment of people.

Essentially that is me saying "that is ****ing wrong and there needs to be changes made."

I'm just in an essay writing mode right now, I ****ing hate the program I'm in at school...I had to write 5 film analyses for yesterday, and I have 3 more essays to do, full blown 5 page ones, 2 of which are due next week.

I talk too much.

Anyway, this treatment of women is wrong, case in point.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by jammoe
See, here's your problem - it's news to you that Saudi Arabia is dump?

Well, I thought it was doing pretty well compared to most other Middle Eastern countries, I never really looked into it until now. Apparently I was wrong in assuming that.
Quote by Mr. President
Well, I thought it was doing pretty well compared to most other Middle Eastern countries, I never really looked into it until now. Apparently I was wrong in assuming that.

It's pretty much the same, it earns a crap load of money but it only goes to a few select individuals and not where it's needed.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Mr. President
I believe it was presumed she was in the car because they raped her there, its unlikely she picked some random car and got in it, and then people just showed up and raped her. So in a way, she is being jailed for getting raped.

Well I don't know how life is over there, but I can think of plenty of reasons a 19 year old girl would end up in the car of a male she's not related to, regardless of the legality.

Also it doesn't state she was raped in the car, it says she was in the car prior to the rape. I'm assuming that she wasn't raped in the car, becasue well, being gang raped in a car 14 times just doesn't make much sense.

I'm assuming she was meeting up with someone she knew, and got more than she expected from the whole ordeal, or something along those lines.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Bitch shouldn't have been gang raped. Serves her right!

/sarcasm

This totally fits here.. First time in UG I find sarcasm at it's best..

Seriously, what the hell was that man ? What if she was stabbed and had her left boob cut off ? She'd still go to jail just for being in another mans car ?

For Gods sake, middle eastern men are insane, their crazy thoughts of domination blur/block their senses and thoughts.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Mr. President

QFT.

Absolutely disgusting. How don't see how we can claim to be going into Iraq to help the Iraqis out when we're allied with governments that pull this kind of garbage on a regular basis.

I mean she was freaking WHIPPED and JAILED for being in a car with an unrelated man!

I actually read an article the other day that said that Saudi Arabia has an enormous and growing gay community because the guys are turning queer and can have sex with each much more easily than with women. That's what you get when you have such a messed up system.
Religious extremism RULES!
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Page 1 of 4