I'm building a temporary stage in my backyard for a party. I have a pretty big backyard, empty enough to build a decent size stage.

As for size, it needs to be big enough to fit a 6 piece band without collasping and at least four feet high. A backdrop would be nice, but definately not needed. It doesn't need to be pretty, just efficient and easy to take down.

Any ideas?
Oh noes!
why do you need a stage?
(I have absolutely no input to offer, just curious)
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Miggy01
why do you need a stage?
(I have absolutely no input to offer, just curious)

I'm having about five bands playing and about 300 guests. (if nothing goes wrong)
Oh noes!
If you are living out in a rural area, you can build the stage, just use some 2x4's and plywood and make some supports. When you are done playing you can light the thing on fire and watch it go, make some s'mores or something.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by schecter_guy
rent a big flatbed truck

Good idea, but that is not getting into my backyard.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger

you have room for 300 people, but not a truck?
Quote by xxtrigger

But 300 people and 5 bands are?
ohai little sig.
Quote by schecter_guy
you have room for 300 people, but not a truck?

I'm surrounded by woods and my gate could let in people and cars but not a flatbed. Maybe if I take down part of the fence, but that's not such a good idea.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
I'm surrounded by woods and my gate could let in people and cars but not a flatbed. Maybe if I take down part of the fence, but that's not such a good idea.

In that case, stack up a load of crates and cover in plywood sheets, or maybe rent a stage?
ohai little sig.
Quote by swordsrkewl
Just make it out of plywood use some supports. When all the bands are done playing, just torch the thing and watch.

I was originally thinking a bout doing that, not torching it because I think I abused my neighbors enough, but have like a huge demolition get together instead.
Oh noes!
heres an idea from a retarded 15 year old, make a square of wood about 3 feet high and fill it with concrete.

Theres bound to some of them in america somewhere? This is the truck I've seen used at some locals events in my place.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
Quote by schecter_guy
rent a big flatbed truck

+1

my friend has a dance party every year and thats what they use. works perfectly
The thing with the trucks are they cant fit through my gate. I live in the 'burbs, unless I demolish half my gates, I dunno how they would reach the party in the first place.
Oh noes!
Just get loads of tables like the ones you mght find at school, those are pretty stable + tall enough.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
You are going to need 4x4s, really....and a post hole digger. Get 6 foot long ones, sink them 2 feet deep. Put one in, walk 4 feet forwards, put another one, another 4 feet, your last one. Then turn 90* and walk four feet.....connect all of these at their tops with 2x4's, so you have a boundary on the outside make with them, and also connect all the inner ones. Then, lay down 4x8 sheets of plywood, and screw the suckers in with drywall screws. Your stage will be 8 feet deep, and as wide as you want it to be.

You might want to add braces on the sides, at a 45* angle to the verticle 4x4, sunk further into the ground. If anything, make the stage 3' to sink in the lumber another foot, or get 8 foot 4x4s and sink them in 4 feet. You just wnat to make sure it's stable. Sink them in and make sure you pack the dirt in well...give them a few days to chill if you can before the party.

When it's over, take out your screws (shouldn't have more than a hundred? With a drill, you can get them all out in 30 minutes) and stack all the wood in your garage.

To rehash, it'll look like
|-------|-------|

Except there is a * (4x4) in the middle under each of the |'s. With that design, you'll need 8 4x8 sheets of plywood. Get 3/4". It'll cost you $80 or so, alone. Expect to spend $150 on the thing total.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Just put milk crates all over then cover it all in plywood.

yeah, that's what we did in a field a couple of years ago. worked fairly well. we put a marquee on top in case it rained (which it did...copiously) and hung a backdrop from the back of the marquee.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy