I've started too many new guitar threads recently, but would like some opinions on a new acoustic.

Not bothered about the price - anything considered, looking to spend a good whack of cash, so no cheap options :P

Been looking at Martin's or Matons, but no shops nearby stock them.

Has to be an electro-acoustic, and don't care how it looks or the shape as long as the tone is good.

Preferably a cutaway, thin body, but being thinner will leave a ****e tone i guess.

Its gonna be run through an acoustic rack setup too, not that that makes a big difference.

Thanks
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Gibson semi-hallow accoutsic-electrics are good.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Any particular models? Haven't really looked at the Gibsons to be honest, as I reckoned something like a Martin/Maton/Taylor/Avalon would be superior.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Sorry, I should have mention that I really don't want something like the backed Ovations - I have tried some out and absolutely hated them.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
It sounds like the Taylor T5 might be a pretty good option for you. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and if you plan on amplifying it anyways, the thin body doesn't matter as much.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
The Taylor T5 is very nice, but its not really what i'm looking for to be honest - its along the same lines as the ovation, with the pickup and no soundhole.

Maybe i'm being too choosy, but i'd like it to have a soundhole and a regular style spruce top etc.

The closest i've seen to what i would like is what Zakk is using in this video -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRS2hPB-Gfc
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Thanks on the Carvin's!!!

They seem to be what i'm looking - just need to find somewhere that stock's them now lol

Thanks
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by mck_776
Thanks on the Carvin's!!!

They seem to be what i'm looking - just need to find somewhere that stock's them now lol

Thanks

They only have 5 locations and they're all in California. They're primarily a mail order retailer. There's a 14 day return policy for most items(depending on custom options selected). You might have to actually buy one and try it out, then decide if you want to keep it.