Page 1 of 3
Just thought this would be useful for someone. This is his complete pedalboard as it was back in 06 with he Trio. It's kinda low quality but I see a Blues Driver, a ts-808, and what I think is a Crybaby.
Attachments:
wtgse.JPG
Both the BD2 and TS808 are Keeley modded, and the wah is an RMC Picture wah.

i also see a Keeley Katana and what looks like some kind of T Rex pedal.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
dude a Tuner is a tuner?
anyways i think mine's awesome, does me gooooood.
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
dude a Tuner is a tuner?
anyways i think mine's awesome, does me gooooood.
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
Quote by KetchupLad14
Is that Boss TU-2? I always thought of those as pretty low quality tuners.

well, all his guitars are tuned beforehand, so i expect it would just be for emergencies.
meh, a tuner is a tuner, but some are more accurate than others. and some suck less tone than others. the boss one isnt really known to be the most accurate, but it does the job.

i think that other white pedal looks like a keeley java boost. its white and got that knob on the upper right side.

having seen mayer recently, that board looks fairly similar to what he is still using. maybe changed it a bit around, but he doesnt use too many effects. just clean, a couple ods, and a wah were all i heard when i saw him. simple setup, but it sounds very nice.
Quote by Bliss89
Oh my gosh thank you so much I've been looking for this forever

Hey no problem. I also have (most) of his amps. here you go.
Attachments:
Jmamps.JPG
Looks like Wah > TU-2 > Keeley Katana > Boss blues Driver (modded) > Ts808 (modded) > Some kind of T Rex unit > T Rex Delay > Amps
Quote by CJRocker
Looks like Wah > TU-2 > Keeley Katana > Boss blues Driver (modded) > Ts808 (modded) > Some kind of T Rex unit > T Rex Delay > Amps

Correct. I forget what the second to last blue one is though ):
Quote by Hendrix134
Hey no problem. I also have (most) of his amps. here you go.

Is that a Hot Rod DeVille on the bottom right?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
yea I don't think Mayer would be using an HRD
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
probably a '57 tweed twin since he hangs around with clapton a lot. and Clapton probably gave it to him.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
probably a '57 tweed twin since he hangs around with clapton a lot. and Clapton probably gave it to him.

It could be a Victoria...both Buddy Guy and Clapton have used those in place of the vintage Fenders for a while.

Anyone have any recent pics of his gear? I know the Two Rocks are at the center of his tone now, and I'm pretty sure he's settled on a few key pedals (Aqua Puss, Blues Driver, Teese Wah, etc).

And more pics...because you just can't have enough...

^ I'm pretty sure that last one is pretty recent, in a video I saw of him like a couple months ago he was using the big black multieffex
Quote by Twevo
^ I'm pretty sure that last one is pretty recent, in a video I saw of him like a couple months ago he was using the big black multieffex

The big black unit is a MIDI controller for his rack and switching system. I'm not sure what he's got in his rack that he needs that kind of space station controller, but that's not a multi unit. He does use the Roger Lynn Adrenaline, but that's not your normal multi-effect unit. I've seen him use the Line6 DL-4 on several occasions as well. He's got a lot of knowledge of what works and what doesn't, and you'll typically see him use gear that, although not one of his "regulars", is used by another player he looks up to. For instance, I've seen pics of him from several concerts playing a Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature, a custom telecaster with a Paisley pickguard that look a lot like Brad Paisley's blonde tele, and of course his Novax guitars that show his Charlie Hunter influence (he owns a 6 string model that is featured on the Room For Squares album cover as well as a Charlie Hunter model 8 string).
this thread wins so much.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Quote by TwoString
The big black unit is a MIDI controller for his rack and switching system. I'm not sure what he's got in his rack that he needs that kind of space station controller, but that's not a multi unit. He does use the Roger Lynn Adrenaline, but that's not your normal multi-effect unit. I've seen him use the Line6 DL-4 on several occasions as well. He's got a lot of knowledge of what works and what doesn't, and you'll typically see him use gear that, although not one of his "regulars", is used by another player he looks up to. For instance, I've seen pics of him from several concerts playing a Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature, a custom telecaster with a Paisley pickguard that look a lot like Brad Paisley's blonde tele, and of course his Novax guitars that show his Charlie Hunter influence (he owns a 6 string model that is featured on the Room For Squares album cover as well as a Charlie Hunter model 8 string).

That makes sense. Is it possible to hook it up to normal stompboxes? Cause he doesn't have what looks like any of his normal pedals in that pic
Quote by ECistheBest

Looks to me like a 112 more than a 212 though.
Quote by TwoString
It could be a Victoria...both Buddy Guy and Clapton have used those in place of the vintage Fenders for a while.

did clapton use victorias??? i know he had a "Cornell" amp designed for him... but he now uses a '57 Tweed Twin.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Hendrix134
That tweed amp is deff. a 59 bassman.

Check it:

lol.. well,

Victoria:

Fender '57 Tweed Twin:

Cornell Clapton Amp:

more like the one in the pic.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
lol.. well,

Victoria:

Fender '57 Tweed Twin:

Cornell Clapton Amp:

more like the one in the pic.

Oh man. Okay, I'll settle for JM using a tweed tube amp.
yea. u can't really be so definite with people's amps. esp tweed amps and marshalls.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Twevo
That makes sense. Is it possible to hook it up to normal stompboxes? Cause he doesn't have what looks like any of his normal pedals in that pic

It's just used to control a switching system...the board by itself can't really do the switching.

Quote by ECistheBest
did clapton use victorias??? i know he had a "Cornell" amp designed for him... but he now uses a '57 Tweed Twin.

I'm pretty sure this was before the Cornell...I remember seeing the Victoria logo plate at the top of the amp. This was years ago though, I could be wrong. Either way, his tone is really consistent no matter what amp he plays though. I've heard drastic changes in Mayer as he's switched amps and his overall playing style in the last decade alone.
^yea haha. maybe. u can't really see the logo so well in any pics tho. all the pics i posted are quite difficult to distinguish if u cant see the speakers through the grill. nowdays u can adjust the color/brightness so easily too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^yea haha. maybe. u can't really see the logo so well in any pics tho. all the pics i posted are quite difficult to distinguish if u cant see the speakers through the grill. nowdays u can adjust the color/brightness so easily too.

Oh yeah, I'm not even going to try to guess what amp is in the Mayer pic. Who knows? He practically changes his setup every show. There are a few constants (strat, two rock signatures, aqua puss delay, etc), but it's hard to predict what's going to pop up on stage with him. The ES-335 wasn't a shock, but the Les Paul, LP Junior and telecasters were. I almost crapped myself when I saw a pic of him with the Brent Mason on stage...he's another one of my faves and another guy that just doesn't get enough credit amongst guitarists.
Quote by Hendrix134
Whaa????

It is my first thread, btw.

like its a great thread.

only cuz ive been lookin for his pedal board for years now
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
the blue pedal is an aqua-puss analog delay. I saw a picture of Brad Paisley's pedal board and that was on it
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Well, I know somewhere in the mix there's a EHX POG (essential for "In Repair"). I don't think there's another pedal or rack unit that can cover that song other than an expensive rack unit like the Eventide H8000, and even then, I doubt he would use such a beast.
Quote by TwoString
Well, I know somewhere in the mix there's a EHX POG (essential for "In Repair"). I don't think there's another pedal or rack unit that can cover that song other than an expensive rack unit like the Eventide H8000, and even then, I doubt he would use such a beast.

that organ intro is guitar?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.