My brother came across this at school, and he really likes it, wants to get one. I've never seen it myself, and I can't find anything on Marshall's site about it, so can anyone give me some info? I've gathered that it's probably SS, seeing as it doesn't have a standby switch, but some more opinions (and average retail prices) would be good.

Thanks UG.
Sure is wasn't the MG 15RCD ?
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
^ no. it is however the old version of the MG, and as such, sucks ass.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
yes, it's been "upgraded" to the MG series.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by bartdevil_metal
My brother came across this at school, and he really likes it, wants to get one. I've never seen it myself, and I can't find anything on Marshall's site about it, so can anyone give me some info? I've gathered that it's probably SS, seeing as it doesn't have a standby switch, but some more opinions (and average retail prices) would be good.

Thanks UG.

Not all tube amps have standby switches.
I actually have one of these! It was my first amp a good few years ago now and it's still going strong although obviously I've moved on since. I think it actually sounds a bit better than the newer MGs and it is actually quite reasonable for a beginner, particularly considering that they're usually going used and cheap.

I'm actually trying to sell mine at the moment but can't put it on Ebay until I get a new battery for my digicam :P
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey