Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum today.

A lot of you have been cool and helpful, willing to help out a guitarist brotha.

Others on the other hand have been rude as hell for no reason for one.

Two, there are a lot of guitar politicians. Your favorite music is the best and every other style sucks. I know.

...This is called being a guitar snob, a.k.a. douche bag guitarist.

No one has to play a certain way or think the same thing as you about playing guitar.

Whether you're a shredder, anti-shredder, jazzer, alternative player, etc... Everyone has their own taste in music. Let it be.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say that it would be cool if you turned non-douche bag and decided to be helpful to other guitarists...
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by Jason_Parker
Anyway, I just thought I'd say that it would be cool if you turned non-douche bag and decided to be helpful to other guitarists...

I doubt we'll be seeing much of that in this thread.
As much as I appreciate your gesture, the douchebag people are generally the ones that tend tonot change, and telling them to change most likely won't do anything.

I'm not a douchebag though.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
^ No, you're just a scenester.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Not for you! You're the good ones!

I just like to preach this stuff every once and a while. I just hate to see guitarists negatively bash each other over stuff.
yngwie malsteem( aka lars lannerback ) seems like a douche bag to me
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
Quote by darkstar2466
^ No, you're just a scenester.

You know, somehow, I had a feeling you'd show up here and say something about that. Seriously. After I posted that, I was like, "You know what? I bet that darkstar guy is gonna find my post and call me a scenester again."
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Idk, you are either becoming a douche bag guitarist, or are just whining like all the other little kids. It's the internet, on an online forums where you may not know anybody in real life, and if you do, it won't be too, too many; in light of that, why not play the part of an ass. Why not harass the noobs, we were put down just as much as you back in our time. Get used to it, and have fun here-- aka be a prick right on back to them. That is about as much help as you will need to survive... o, and if you get in a debate and lose-- admit your defeat, often times, you will find greater acceptance in submittance than in ignorance/ arrogance.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Eh...I think that the large majority of the people here understand that whoever they like is their opinions, and often times when they talk about their favorite guitarists, they think it's a given that people understand it's their opinion. Eventually with time spent here, I have learned that people will reply in fury if you don't slap a "in my opinion" on your post somewhere.
Don't get me wrong. They can suck my ba***, =)

but I like to stand up for the guitarists who feel like they have to play a certain way to impress other guitarists, and not play or listen to what they truly dig. That junk is a tragedy.
meh, I'm kinda both those guys rolled into one.

I try to be as helpful as I can (while still cracking a joke or two in the process) to anyone who is showing the slightest effort in helping them self and posting with a modicum of thought.

On the other hand, I feel no guilt or shame in exposing douchebags who simply whine about things, try to make themselves seem important by making others look bad, or are bigoted. I tend to "out-douchebag the douchebags" wherever I find them.

Sorry, but I don't really feel a need to change.

You might even call me a douchebag with a cause.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by metal4life592
You know, somehow, I had a feeling you'd show up here and say something about that. Seriously. After I posted that, I was like, "You know what? I bet that darkstar guy is gonna find my post and call me a scenester again."

I'm just messin' with ya. It was a wonderful opportunity to seize after you said "I'm not a douchebag." It's not very often I get to post right after you, and if it is relevant to discussion, you WILL be called a scenester.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I'm just messin' with ya. It was a wonderful opportunity to seize after you said "I'm not a douchebag." It's not very often I get to post right after you, and if it is relevant to discussion, you WILL be called a scenester.

Yeah, I know you're just messing. I knew saying "I'm not a douchebag" at the end left a good opportunity, and I had a feeling you'd be the one to take it.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by Jason_Parker
douchebag with a cause
Has a nice ring to it.
Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes.*

*an e-cookie to whoever knows where that came from.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Hello everyone, my name is Spoony, and I am a douchebag.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Hello everyone, my name is Spoony, and I am a douchebag.

The first step in douch bag recovery. Good for you. Your mom would be proud.
douche bag.

ah its an interesting term when you think about it. i mean an instrument used to clean out the vaginal region of a female? its a great invention. but we use it in vain when we call our friends vagina cleaners.

but is the douche the vaginal cleaner and the douche bag is what it comes in? if so we are calling each other bags.

it disappoints me
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
How can you expect someone not to be a douche bag when your profile says

hey, tell me I suck.
High as tits
That's just because I want honest responses to my guitar playing...

But I definitely don't want someone to be like, "Hey, you freakin' gaya**, go light your guitar on fire because you suck so bad the one armed man from the Fugitive can play better than you!"
TS, you suck. Also, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, etc. have no emotion.

...Maybe they'll accept me now
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Jason_Parker
I thought a douche bag is a used condom... I guess I'm wrong.
Yikes! Using a used condom as a douchebag would lead to even more unplanned pregnancies than we have today. I'm glad we got this sorted now, TS. I'd hate to think of the trouble you might have caused.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I'm not an elitist douchebag. I'm just right when everyone else is wrong.