i believe its a rhetorical question. or that might be one that you ask as an example without wanting people to answer it.

give us an example.
there is no such thing, if there isn't an answer it's not a question
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
"do you think i really care?"
"what the hell?"
"what's up, Doc?"

yea a rhetorical question.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Why on earth would we care about this kind of thread?

^^^

Rhetorical question. I didn't mean it either, it was just an example. It's not even a good example. I can't be put on the spot like this...
Quote by schecter_guy
did you honestly think that's how you spell "answer"?

Both of you are wrong. It's "ansar."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by marktuazon
"do you think i really care?"
"what the hell?"
"what's up, Doc?"

yea a rhetorical question.

those all have answers
Quote by soulflyV
if i knew how to spell anserw i think i would be smart enough to know the anserw to my own question , you smartass
my example is like in that song '' how many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man''
Quote by Henncon(182)
my example is like in that song '' how many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man''

that has an answer, it actually has thousands of answers
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Garret.
those all have answers

if you want to be a smartass, of course they do. but they're actually a rhetorical question.

[rhetorical question-
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”]
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Henncon(182)

Seven.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by marktuazon
if you want to be a smartass, of course they do. but they're actually a rhetorical question.

[rhetorical question-
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”]

I know what a rhetorical question is, and whether you are using it to "produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply" or not, it still has an answer so a rhetorical question is not a question without an answer
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Henncon(182)
hahahah i knew some one was gonna answer with a number good job hahah

*Bows*

I feel accomplished.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Garret.
I know what a rhetorical question is, and whether you are using it to "produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply" or not, it still has an answer so a rhetorical question is not a question without an answer

oh my...sigh. its not an answer in the sense of answering the question. stop looking too into it. it is what it is.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Actually, rhetorical questions have answers, they just aren't expected to be answered. For Example, 'Do we really have to put up with this tomfoolery?' It has an answer, but if used as part of a speech, one does not expect an answer.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
Actually, rhetorical questions have answers, they just aren't expected to be answered. For Example, 'Do we really have to put up with this tomfoolery?' It has an answer, but if used as part of a speech, one does not expect an answer.

precisely
Quote by soulflyV