A friend (actually he's also one of my students) wanted me to post it so here goes.

Title: Improvisational soloing

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cm_richardson/music/all/play129207

ps: sorry for the few bad sounding notes in there, but I figured I would mess up a little
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
It's kind of boring, tbh. It really has no direction at all. Great playing though. I'd likevto hear you solo over a backing track.
i know the lack of direction you're talking about. usually I use dynamics in my playing to simulate a different feel, and I didn't so much in this solo which is the reason I kinda held off posting this for a while. Thank you for the criticism btw, don't get very much of it from people I play with anymore.
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
That sounds like whn I'm screwing around... Except mine is WAY more bass[ey] and a little more.... active.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Sorry, but that is pretty much just wankery. Your technique seems good, but the notes are meaningless and your phrasing is mediocre at best. Work on creative note choice and feel.