i have the stilleto custom 4 and love it. The neck is the most comfortable one i have ever played.
No glaring flaws, just a few features you may or may not love. Mahogany is an especially warm tonewood, and this bass might not be as hi-fi as you'd hoped. The 2 band EQ gives a rather consistant active tone (like on my Warwick), but again, it works against the hi-fi.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Is there a huge difference between a 2 band EQ and a 3 band EQ, like on the studio? I liked the tone i got through the amp at the store which is pretty much identical to my amp.
A huge difference. Other than the 2-band controlling 2 bands and the 3 band controlling... 65 bands, the actual location of the 2-band is much different. They have the bass knob at a higher frequency and the treble knob at a lower frequency to compensate for the lack of a mid knob.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, can't I pretty much get the same effect by changing the EQ on my amp? Or is that a completely different thing?