Page 1 of 2
Why are people born different?

What makes some people better than others?

Why do people have problems that nobody can answer?

How do you stay happy when you know that there is something wrong with the world and maybe yourself.

How do people live their lives knowing deep down that something is wrong with the world?

How do you shake that feeling? That something is terribly wrong.

Is that where unhappiness comes from?

Why do some people seem to know everything and have no problems?

Sorry, kind of long and emo but I don't give a ****. I wish someone could answer these questions. Or something, ohh I don't know, I don't know what I want anymore.

Love the Low end
Why are people born different? - Genetics. DNA. Read a ****ing science book.

What makes some people better than others? - Genetics as well as environment and upbringing. More so what they've been exposed to that what they're born with.

Why do people have problems that nobody can answer? - Because they're people. Human knowledge is limited. Don't bother trying to figure things out. It's not worth it.

How do you stay happy when you know that there is something wrong with the world and maybe yourself? - I often wonder this, but if you spend so much time dwelling on the bad, life will suck dick. I've spent a lot of time feeling bad for myself and it's retarded. Get over it.

How do people live their lives knowing deep down that something is wrong with the world? - Because it's easier to not try than it is to try and make yourself miserable, especially when so many others are so ignorant.

How do you shake that feeling? That something is terribly wrong? - You don't. You learn to live with it. The sad truth of our world.

Is that where unhappiness comes from? - Unhappiness comes from chemicals in the brain, just like any other feeling.

Why do some people seem to know everything and have no problems? - Because they're cool like that.
Come on God, answer me...

Why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive?

Where is justice? Where is punishment?
Or have you already answered?
Have you already said to the world: here is justice, here is punishment, here..............in me.
Quote by imicius
Short answer: because

Long answer: I am going to go play my guitar.

Because? because is not good enough. It just can't happen because. So you just go through life trying to find happpiness only to die at the end? What a joke life is.

I'm super emo, I just realized

Love the Low end
Quote by Zardokk

What makes some people better than others? - Genetics as well as environment and upbringing. More so what they've been exposed to that what they're born with.

Why do people have problems that nobody can answer? - Because they're people. Human knowledge is limited. Don't bother trying to figure things out. It's not worth it.

How do you stay happy when you know that there is something wrong with the world and maybe yourself? - I often wonder this, but if you spend so much time dwelling on the bad, life will suck dick. I've spent a lot of time feeling bad for myself and it's retarded. Get over it.

How do people live their lives knowing deep down that something is wrong with the world? - Because it's easier to not try than it is to try and make yourself miserable, especially when so many others are so ignorant.

How do you shake that feeling? That something is terribly wrong? - You don't. You learn to live with it. The sad truth of our world.

Is that where unhappiness comes from? - Unhappiness comes from chemicals in the brain, just like any other feeling.

Why do some people seem to know everything and have no problems? - Because they're cool like that.

This guy pretty much has it spot on.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Zeelod
short answer: DNA, it's good that we're different
better is an opinion
like what? you don't know until you ask
How do you stay happy when you know that there is something wrong with the world and maybe yourself.
you have to look past the bad things, especially things you have no control over
How do people live their lives knowing deep down that something is wrong with the world?
mixture of selfishness and inability to do anything about it
alcohol
what? alcohol? no, that's the solution.
everybody has problems on some level nobody's life is perfect. They may be content and happy, but there can always be more or better things. People know everything (or seem to know everything) because they live their lives and get on with it putting in the effort when required
DNA, don't you read

Sorry, kind of long and emo but I don't give a ****. I wish someone could answer these questions. Or something, ohh I don't know, I don't know what I want anymore.

bolded comments
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Zeelod
Because? because is not good enough. It just can't happen because. So you just go through life trying to find happpiness only to die at the end? What a joke life is.

Life is a joke. I mean, that's what makes it fun IMO. Listen to Ryan Reynolds:

"Never take life too seriously... you'll never get out alive."

Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
The simple answer is expect nothing good and all will go fine. I live each and every day by this solution, I am a happy person. Not to say you should degrade your expectations to nothing, but rather to lower them to something a little below reasonable so nothing can go wrong. Or simply learn to accept the many flaws this world has and give it your all to change it for the better.
Quote by Zeelod

It's easy, just seek out the good experiences and experience them. That's the whole point, if you're happy, you're a winner in life.

I'm super not-emo, I just realised
Quote by Mettliccaa
The simple answer is expect nothing good and all will go fine. I live each and every day by this solution, I am a happy person. Not to say you should degrade your expectations to nothing, but rather to lower them to something a little below reasonable so nothing can go wrong. Or simply learn to accept the many flaws this world has and give it your all to change it for the better.

I agree, mate.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Zeelod

How about you try reading Zardoks comment.

The problem with you emos is you always want to avoid reality at all costs and ignore the truth because you want to feel victomized so people will coddle you. You are a wuss. Go rake leaves for Gods sake...
wow...honestly i believe these questions are way too deep. Your thinking about this too much. All those questions have answers to them.

People are different becasue of their surroundings and how they are brought up. Someone who is abandoned at a very young age or abused will probably have some problems. Someone who wasn't but spoiled to much will have problems.

Believe me everyone has problems.
Well......I have big balls.
Deoxyribonucleic acid.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Ahh well, I can move on. That's how life goes though right?

Love the Low end
Quote by Zardokk

+1, that just about it
Quote by JDawg
How about you try reading Zardoks comment.

The problem with you emos is you always want to avoid reality at all costs and ignore the truth because you want to feel victomized so people will coddle you. You are a wuss. Go rake leaves for Gods sake...

I don't avoid reality. These are just some questions/conclusions that I've come up with because **** happens. I don't need to be coddled, I guess just a guide more really. I don't seek attention. I think, now, that everyone has thought about some of these questions at some point in their lives, and have learned to move on and go about life.

And P.s. I had to rake leaves yesterday, it's fall here.

Love the Low end
Quote by Zardokk

Hell yes
I see what your sayin' Some people just get lucky.
Like Celebrity's that have millions, and still bitch about everything.
Then poor people that are usually more happy. Pretty ****ing ironic huh
Quote by Zeelod

That's all my fault, sorry. I'll fix it later, I swear.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
No answer to your ? but to quote Warren Miller "You are unique, just like everybody else."
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Zeelod

I did not answer fully because my argument is better suited for the Religon thread. However, you asked, and who am I to deny my audience?

If there was no pain, there would be nothing to make the happiness a sought-after state.

That being said, without a creator (OMG A GOD ARGUMENT! FLEE!), life is completely meaningless. There is nothing you can do, everyone sucks, then everyone dies. Sorry for the spoiler. Oh, by the way, we're all here by random chance.

In fact, without a creator, we are the lowest creation (read: accident), rather then the mightiest, simply because we are conscious of ourselves. A dog does not wonder at the far-reaching consequences of its actions; it simply acts out of instinct.

As for your questions, the answers are as follows:

We are born different because we are made that way. This is a simple way to put it, but it's true.

Firstly, you must define "better." "Better" means different things to different people, as to why, I cannot say

There are answers to questions and problems that are unsolvable because if we were created with full and exhaustive knowledge of everything, we would be God.

As to the next question, because I do not believe that life ends with death.

You cannot shake it; something is, in fact, terribly wrong. Actually, I suppose you could; if you were constantly medicated, you would feel little if anything at all.

The depravity of man.

Because they're faking it.

You asked the same question twice.
Quote by imicius
I did not answer fully because my argument is better suited for the Religon thread. However, you asked, and who am I to deny my audience?

If there was no pain, there would be nothing to make the happiness a sought-after state.

That being said, without a creator (OMG A GOD ARGUMENT! FLEE!), life is completely meaningless. There is nothing you can do, everyone sucks, then everyone dies. Sorry for the spoiler. Oh, by the way, we're all here by random chance.

In fact, without a creator, we are the lowest creation (read: accident), rather then the mightiest, simply because we are conscious of ourselves. A dog does not wonder at the far-reaching consequences of its actions; it simply acts out of instinct.

No, without a creator we are the HIGHEST creation. We are the masters of our Earth and we continue to expand our intellectual and physical domain. We take the molten rock from the ground and turn it into beautiful enourmous skyscrapers. We use the remnants of dead animals to launch computers into space. We are not the Earth's creators, but it's shapers. It's movers. It's determiners of it's fate. We are the masters of Earth and we constantly strive to master more and more of the universe. We did not create the Earth. But we are in charge of it. The fact that we are so fragile is beautiful and artistic.

But with God...with God we are nothing but slaves. Sacrificial animals whose purpose is to die humbly. And for what cause? Well, because there's a giant man in the sky who is better than us at everything. With God we have no power as God will always be better than us. With God we have no free will as God makes all our choices. With God we have no control over the Earth as everything that happens is part of God's plan.

But without God we are the mighty Human Race! The result of 3 million years of evolution and learning through mistakes. We are not perfect, no, but there is nothing in our grasp more perfect than us, and the gap between us and the animals widens with each passing day. Are you calling that meaningless? Are you saying that by freeing ourselves from the chains of Theology we are actually damning ourselves to "suck?" We do not suck. We are an incredible race of beings with immense power. And although we are still young and foolish, nothing but ourselves can stop us from rising further and further above the animals. We can conquer anything and everything, but only if we stop telling ourselves otherwise.
Quote by CLVPX
Read the book Next by Michael Crichton, that will explain it for you.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Did you come up with and write all that by yourself SkyValley? If so, I'm in awe

Yeah, I've been reading Nietzsche a lot lately if you haven't already guessed.
Quote by CLVPX
Quote by SkyValley

I hadn't really read anything by him before. Might be time to start researching...
I would definitely recommend it, although his writing style makes it hard to decipher what he's trying to say sometimes. You can get all of his main books in one volume for like 15 bucks at Borders I think.
Quote by CLVPX
Miosis means that genetic material from parents is varied due to there only being half the number of chromosones in sex cells meaning you create different mixes

money, colour, religion, customs, abilities

because they're bitches

because you have to if you want to function

because they do

pot and booze

France is where it comes from

Because they're awesome

See answer to first question
Quote by SkyValley

He's great, really funny even at times

my favorite quote "god is dead"

hahahahahah
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Let me preface this with the following: I do not agree with this discussion being in this thread, as it belongs in the religion thread. That being said, I feel it irresponsible to respond to counter-arguments.

Quote by SkyValley
No, without a creator we are the HIGHEST creation. We are the masters of our Earth and we continue to expand our intellectual and physical domain. We take the molten rock from the ground and turn it into beautiful enourmous skyscrapers. We use the remnants of dead animals to launch computers into space. We are not the Earth's creators, but it's shapers. It's movers. It's determiners of it's fate. We are the masters of Earth and we constantly strive to master more and more of the universe. We did not create the Earth. But we are in charge of it. The fact that we are so fragile is beautiful and artistic.

But the fact remains, that every human has died thus far, and it seems to be a trend that is continuing. Without a God, what are we? We are tiny instants in an unforgiving and uncaring universe that does not know our existence, and does not, no, can not, care.

Quote by SkyValley
But with God...with God we are nothing but slaves. Sacrificial animals whose purpose is to die humbly. And for what cause? Well, because there's a giant man in the sky who is better than us at everything. With God we have no power as God will always be better than us. With God we have no free will as God makes all our choices. With God we have no control over the Earth as everything that happens is part of God's plan.

This is almost perfectly true. Our purpose is to give glory to God with our actions. God was fine without us, and does not need us. He would not be God if he needed us to exist. In fact, at any point in time, he could divide by 0, and it would all be over.

This would be a problem if he cared nothing about us and used us like pawns in a rather large scale game of chess.

This, however, is not the case; since he cares about us. This is a logical fallacy, because I am not going to back it up with proofs, because the odds are, you don't actually care, and are just trying to rebut my argument.

Quote by SkyValley
But without God we are the mighty Human Race! The result of 3 million years of evolution and learning through mistakes. We are not perfect, no, but there is nothing in our grasp more perfect than us, and the gap between us and the animals widens with each passing day. Are you calling that meaningless? Are you saying that by freeing ourselves from the chains of Theology we are actually damning ourselves to "suck?" We do not suck. We are an incredible race of beings with immense power. And although we are still young and foolish, nothing but ourselves can stop us from rising further and further above the animals. We can conquer anything and everything, but only if we stop telling ourselves otherwise.

We are amazing!

Except for the us being greedy, lazy, wrathful, envious, prideful, lustful gluttons, yeah, we're awesome.

I feel that this was not incredibly well written, but I also feel a great amount of apathy twords arguing with a brick wall.
Quote by Carswell98
He's great, really funny even at times

my favorite quote "god id dead"

hahahahahah

Nietzsche was an incestual german lunatic.

Now Voltaire is where it's at.
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
/wrists

this should have ended the thread.

seriously, why worry about these problems when obviously you cant comprehend the answers yet. you sort of just have to grow up (i dont mean it in a rude way) and learn to take the good with the bad and leave it at that.
Quote by imicius

But the fact remains, that every human has died thus far, and it seems to be a trend that is continuing. Without a God, what are we? We are tiny instants in an unforgiving and uncaring universe that does not know our existence, and does not, no, can not, care.

This is almost perfectly true. Our purpose is to give glory to God with our actions. God was fine without us, and does not need us. He would not be God if he needed us to exist. In fact, at any point in time, he could divide by 0, and it would all be over.

This would be a problem if he cared nothing about us and used us like pawns in a rather large scale game of chess.

This, however, is not the case; since he cares about us. This is a logical fallacy, because I am not going to back it up with proofs, because the odds are, you don't actually care, and are just trying to rebut my argument.

"try" I just might

to the first clause
are you afraid to be insignificant?

to the second

how can you so plainly lay out what our purpose is?
how could you possibly give evidence to god's existence?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Draken
Nietzsche was an incestual german lunatic.

Now Voltaire is where it's at.

Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Page 1 of 2