Okay, so I'm stuck in a predicament.

When I have all my pedals hooked up, there is VERY slight tone coloring. It's really nothing, but it kind of irks me.

I've yet to isolate the problem, I'll be doing that tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure my Phase 100 and DOD Octoplus are a contributing factor because they are old and I doubt they have very good bypasses.

So what should I do, I love both of these pedals. Should I take em off my board and get a EHX Nano Stone and Boss Octave or something, or should I live with the coloration, because really, it is EVER so slight.

I might take either my DS-1 or MD-2 off my board. One could probably replace the other, so I'm going to expirement this weekend.

Anyway, suggestions?? Opinions? Insults??

PS: Keep the latter to a minimum.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
its the octo. the bypass on that thing is known to be terrible. get a jap apartment or make your own bypass box for it.
building a simple bypass box can probably fix the problem and let you keep the pedals, its what i would do in that situation. or just tinker with the bypass in the pedals themselves if i was feeling adventurous.
Thanks for the snappy responses.

Care to reccomend a buffer or bypass?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
I'd recommend the IC based ones.

except I can't get mine to get the right voltage...

and as far as bypass goes... i swear by true bypass.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Thanks for the snappy responses.

Care to reccomend a buffer or bypass?

Jack Orman's?
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=26
Haven't tried it yet, myself.

As for a bypass pedal...

I think there's a thread about one in the GBC. I know I've seen a few projects...I'll post one here if I see it.
I just realized that my octoplus was in the wrong place in the chian, would that contribute at all to the problem??
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?