Whats up people my band is starting to do some shows in Feb. and I was wondering If anybody had any pre show warmups for left and right hand and maybe some good stretches for the running around aspect thanks all.
I just like to play bits of riffs of the songs I'm playing, typically at a much faster tempo. If you're going out there to pound root notes, well... you probably don't need the warmup!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by FbSa
Scales, Scales, Scales, Scales, need I say more?

Scales--and some exercises from the ol' Jaco book. I also make sure I've had some tea or water to drink and that my hands are warm as well. I also make sure to shake out my arms and hands as well.
Well, when I warm up just to practice, I play 1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-5, 3-4-5-6, up until my pinky hits the twelfth fret, and then I go to the next string and do it the opposite way, and continue like that.

My routine is:

1-2-3-4 thing
Major scale up the neck
1-2-3-4 thing
Major scale up the neck
1-2-3-4 thing

And if it's cold in the house, I'll run my hands under hot water for about a minute or two, just to generally warm them up.
Quote by anarkee
Scales--and some exercises from the ol' Jaco book. I also make sure I've had some tea or water to drink and that my hands are warm as well. I also make sure to shake out my arms and hands as well.

I hear you. I always warm up with random scales and a sloppy version of the head of Donna Lee.
I do some propellor punches, some press-ups, a bit of jogging if I can, and I do lots of stretches. After I've loosened up all of my joints, I start to play scales and arpeggios for a while, and I play through a few songs, usually some Daisy Chainsaw and Patchwork Grace stuff.
I normally do chromatic scales and major scales. However, I really need to spend more time warming up.
signature
If I have time at home i'll run thru a few songs at home but then the next time i play is usually sound check and after that, when im tuning up on stage.

I should probably warm up more but I'm comfortable in my basslines, there's nothing challenging in there.

Keep hydrated and get phsyced and ready to put on a good show and everything will go down a storm.

The right attitude and frame of mind is probably more important than being able to play everything spot on with hands that arnt a bit rusty during the first song.

If you go on stage with the wrong attitude you'll muck up your lines and you'll kill excitment, and atmosphere.

However, if it's your first gig you'll be well pumped with nerves and excitment and the crowd will love it! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I usually stretch my hands and fingers, play some fast riffs, and then jump up and down many times...
Epi LP Custom SILVERBURST

Quote by thefitz

Hold it like you hold a Crunchwrap Supreme.

Official Chiodos Fan of the Bass Militia
PM DinkyDaisy to Join
I normally run through some two octave skills to get the muscles prepared to exercise, then i do pieces that require stretching and increased finger agility so I can do complex movements, then run through a version of some stuff that I'm going to play.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
I try to mentally skim through the set list and make sure I am remembering all the parts. I do the 1234 thing, but I go down and up each string before I slide to the next fret and sometimes I use a metronome while doing that. After that I jam along to some of my favorites to get in the mood. When I get to the venue I like to have a couple of beers before our set. It calms me and loosens me up