Page 1 of 2
Tell us what YOU think about the new gibson robot guitar

if u havnt heard of it go to
gibson.com
and check it out

as for me i think it seems pretty sweet, sweet enough that as soon as i got gibsons newsletter about it, i called guitar center and reserved myself one:] lucky enough to be one of the only 2 ppl in minnesota to get one

lets hear wht u think
I think it's for fat lazy horrid stupid people and i WANT ONE SO BAD!!!
actually nah I'm just fine with tuning my own guitar.
Waste of money.
Deff not worth it.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Hooray for an entire generation of lazy, undedicated guitarists!

I actually hear Gibson's coming out with a guitar that can shred by itself next year. All the player has to do is bang their head!
i hate it.i think its stoopid. its like the VG strat but humbuckers IMO

those thing of the robot guitar and the auto-tuning tuners are unuseful IMO

this thread is toopid IMO
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I actually hear Gibson's coming out with a guitar that can shred by itself next year. All the player has to do is bang their head!

Ha! ****ing hilarious!

But as for the Gibson guitar...

I think it's convenient that it can tune itself; saves time a musician playing live, but not that big of a deal. I agree with some of these people that say it is a waste of money. My guitar hardly ever goes out of tune and the only time i need to tune it was when I want to play songs in, say, drop-D. It is definitely a waste of money, especially at the ridiculous prices a good Gibson guitar starts at even without that 'robot' technology. I also agree that musicians-to-be will probably not developing their tuning-by-ear skills with such a guitar.
OLD

i dont usually say it but

USE TEH SURCH BAR
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Stupid. Tuning your guitar is part of developing your ear.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
i think it's actually really cool, i've played a lot of shows with my band where my guitars go out of tune for various reasons, and i think it would be convenient to tune to the press of a button, it's better than having to stall at a performance to tune up. The design is awesome as well and I'm hoping to get one for my birthday, which is the day it comes out
it's tight you don't have to tune it, but i think there are way better guitars out there for that price that will stay in tune just fine, and tuning takes maybe a minute at the most unless you're doing an alternate tuning, of course
I belive all these noobs will buy it to skip the ear tuning part of guitar. My teacher tells me I do horrible by ear, but that is true since i've been playing for 10 months. Imagine guitarists like me get this guitar, and get good. Then they get a different guitar and can't tune. I think it would be good for on stage, but again my teacher has the boss pedal that I use sometimes and WOW that thing is FAST AND ACCURATE. Waste of money right here... and talent wasted in some situations.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by guitaruboy
hows it so different for a normal one?

I'm assuming you meant 'from' instead of 'for,' so...

It has a mechanical auto-tuning device. I haven't looked at any pics or anything of it myself, but I'm sure you'll find all the info you want if you go to the Gibson website.
Ya I think it is pretty dumb as well. I mean, every guitarist should know how to tune their guitar! But then again, this robot guitar probably isn't marketed to new guitarists....

But I still think the idea is dumb. That's just me though.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
**** damn it, how many people have to make these stupid oMG!!1!! GIbSOnZ N3W r0B0T GEETEAR!!!111!!!ONE!!!
It looks too.....i don't know, new. I love a classic look to a guitar. Like a LP or a PRS. Also, this autotuning sh*t is stupid.
I was just scanning the "new innovation" page, and it's pretty ironic.

-New 50's style traditional neck!

-New traditional sounding pickups!

-Made of mahogany with a maple top!

Lets face it, its just a Les Paul with a really gay hat on.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Cool concept, probably too many flaws in it. I like the traditional guitar, no robot please.
Quote by Phillitalian
OLD

i dont usually say it but

USE TEH SURCH BAR

wtf are u talking about dude?? thats just ****ing stupid uit has nothing to with this thread from what it seems!

anyway
Quote by Metalology
Stupid. Tuning your guitar is part of developing your ear.

That's why it's priced at a range where only dedicated musicans or veteran guitarists would be able to afford it. God help them if they aren't able to tune by ear by then.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Links 2 3 4
I belive all these noobs will buy it to skip the ear tuning part of guitar.

HOW MANY NOOBS HAVE $3000 GUITARS!!!

Search Bar TS!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I think all these threads are made by people from Gibson to further overhype their guitar.

The amount of forced hype is hilarious, like the count down on their website, I know I'm not counting the seconds for the release.

It's just a Les Paul with some Power Head tuners which can be added to any guitar as far as I know.
the sound it makes may be worth it. . .

(watch the video)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
completely stuipid IMO.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by ldnovelo
i hate it.i think its stoopid. its like the VG strat but humbuckers IMO

those thing of the robot guitar and the auto-tuning tuners are unuseful IMO

this thread is toopid IMO

except the VG didnt actually tune to other tunings, it simulated doing so (which has its advantages: no waiting for a new tuning, no change in string tension that may in time damage your guitar or its setup)

Im sure youll have a nice les paul for those 3k. But erm arent there great cheaper ones?
If you want the whole 'lets go electronic simulation' stuff theres line 6 guitars eh

Id probably prefer a different Gibson les paul
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Last edited by Walternativo at Nov 16, 2007,
Quote by screamodream
wtf are u talking about dude?? thats just ****ing stupid uit has nothing to with this thread from what it seems!

anyway

Yes it does you ****ing retard.

This is old news and has about 5 threads about it already. GTFO UG.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
IMO its unnecesary (sp?)

Tell me when they come out with a robot guitar with a fully floating floyd rose with the same ability to tune itself.
I think it's a cool concept but is it worth it? So far I haven't seen a quote on the price. I am assuming it's going to cost big bucks. LPs stay in tune pretty good and with all the decent tuners out there you can tune a guitar in seconds so to me it's just something people with money to burn and want what ever is new will buy.

John
I'll take 2 or 3 Carvins instead .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
So in what way is a self-tuning guitar revolutionary when everything else about the thing is trying too hard to be a '50s LP?

Save yourselves the trouble and don't be sucked into these gimmicks. Even the cheesy blue finish is laughing at you. I'm surprised they didn't go for a sleek, glossy iPhone finish and throw in an 8 gig harddrive and a bridge pickup waffle maker.
the concept is cool, but still pointless. i guess it's a glimpse ahead at the future of digitized music, though.
"i have nothing to say, and i am saying it"
flickr.com/photos/chazoid
last.fm/user/p4nts
A guitar that is self-tunning... uh, who didn't see this coming/still don't see the market being flooded with this in the near future?

Get used to it, who cares?
Quote by LookAlive
So in what way is a self-tuning guitar revolutionary when everything else about the thing is trying too hard to be a '50s LP?

Save yourselves the trouble and don't be sucked into these gimmicks. Even the cheesy blue finish is laughing at you. I'm surprised they didn't go for a sleek, glossy iPhone finish and throw in an 8 gig harddrive and a bridge pickup waffle maker.

I think the guitar is a huge waste of time and money. Tuning isn't very cumbersome at all unless you're drop tuning down 2 or more steps, and even then, any smart guitarist will tel you its better to just have a second guitar ready in that tuning to avoid changes in strings tension and intonation. The guitar is pointless.
Page 1 of 2